Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yep, it must be just me! I wanted to check the high pressure oil pump pressure and exhaust temps on my new diesel truck. Wow! There's a lot of pressure going to them injectors! And that turbo...

It's obvious that you should be playing a very active role in the field testing of any new equipment. Manufacturers
    should be paying big money for your input.

Originally posted by kiwireeferman
    It's obvious that you should be playing a very active role in the field testing of any new equipment. Manufacturers
    should be paying big money for your input.
    I feel bad now for Testo.

I had a couple of guys call me today and they were very nice and are handling this quite well.

We determined that the static electricty through the hoses (by charging the system) that uncurled the hair on my arms, is what is causing the problems.

I need to make sure to either hang the gauge with the hook, or somehow ground the hook while charging, or discharging liquid through the meter.

Like I said, I love the gauges, far easier and quicker to use than other ways, and they have to be more accurte than my analog sets.

I hope not to discurage anyone from trying the 523's. If they continue to be good on warranty issues, I would highly recommend them.

Or attach a bonding strap with an alligator clip to it.

Well "I feel your pain Cool." I once blew my Sensit HXG gas sniffer when the metal flexible neck got a might too close to a spark igniter wire. Oh well at least it showed the insulation on the wire wasn't quite up to par.

Well, it seems to me that the gauges should be built well enough to deal with the static electricity thing.
    Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey. It's unwise to pay too little.
    When you pay too much, you lose a little money -- that is all. When you pay too little, you may lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do.

The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot -- it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run. And if you do that, you will have enough to pay for something better."

John Ruskin

sounds like a very fragile expensive toy.....................i got to many of them already!!

I think thats pretty poor design. The manifold is not a laboratory instrument, It's for use in the field in uncontrolled and often extreme conditions.
    Glad I decided on the DigiCool

How about posting a pic of your Digi cool gauges hooked up on a job. Web sites are too...? I would like to see them in real use.
    Thanks

Originally posted by kiwireeferman
    I think thats pretty poor design. The manifold is not a laboratory instrument, It's for use in the field in uncontrolled and often extreme conditions.
    Glad I decided on the DigiCool
    Loan yours to Cool-Blew and lets see if it passes his torture tests.

NO,NO, NO he cant try mine. System is on vacuum. This is the lower cost one $399. My only disapointment was, you cant choose PSI with Celsius temperature. On the more expensive model you have the choice of PSI, Bar and KPA, all with the option of gauge or absolute.

[Edited by kiwireeferman on 07-22-2006 at 09:22 AM]

Thanks Kiwi,

Them look nice, I guess they are easy to hook up to any manifold, and do you trust the fittings to be tight enough for a good vacuum?

I have been using the same model digi-cool as kiwi for over a year now with nothing but success.

I would recommend them to anyone.
    Have you set up a Google alert for Carbon Monoxide yet?
    Click here to find out how.

I want a Digi-Cool, but man that thing is huge! lol
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast