Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hmm Hey ralph

3/4" pvc pipe runs under my driveway. It it always breaking. I used 1" automotive heater hose to fix "Flex" the problem. Is this normal?

Originally posted by oroy54
    Is this normal?
    If it works for you, I won't say a word.
    "If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a KA." - Albert Einstein

It's later than you think.

Originally posted by coolwhip
    Originally posted by R12rules
    let's take a vote here: "Who wants me to reply to this question?"

Lets hear it R12. Be nice now.
    a paradign or judgement line, is what some might call a moral compass. and there are differing views on what or whom decides what those guidelines are for a moral right and wrong.

Doing right is considered normal. Doing wrong is counted as not normal behavior. And is generally frowned up and sometimes even punished.

This very topic was openly discussed back in the fifties with the intellectuals of colleges and those known as "beatnicks". it was continued into the sixties with more college types and the "hippies".
    The sixties motto was: "do whatever you want to as long as it doesnt hurt anybody else."

Only problem with that is, it was a "subjective view" of right and wrong.
    Subjective is personal, limited and finite.
    Objective is unlimited, infinite. It looks for the good of everyone and not just one individual.

you would have to be all knowing before you would grasp what affects your actions are going to have on another person or a number of other people.

For example, what would have happened to air travel had not the Wright Bros experimented in Ohio?
    What would have been the fate of the country of Israel had not Hitler made attempts at exterminating the Jews?

And these are the the results of thoughts individuals had and then acted upon them. of course, others followed their actions and did the same things.
    And THAT is where we come to my next point.

think of this, what would be the result if most everyone else was allowed, enabled, to do the same things your wanting to do?

Be it drive 90mph on the hiway or have multiple wives, all at the same time.

Look at my example.
    I am a married man who is raising one son at home. My wife is chronically ill with firbomyalgia and I do my best to make her life more comfortable.
    I have become a conselor to my son, a cook to my wife, have studied massage so I can ease some of the pains of my wife's body.
    I have the pink to both our cars. We are not buying any "toys". We dont use credit cars.

What if everyone lived as I do?
    Would it be better for the world or worse?

I cannot answer my own question because I have no clue what other style of life to live than the way I am living right now.
    Only someONE WHO is INFINITE in all ways would be able to guide me or judge me and my actions.

Am I "normal"? I personally do not believe so. But I practice this: I treat others as I would want to be treated myself. (The Golden Rule)
    And actions like that are most definately NOT the norm in our world today!!!

a normal person would normally use 1" iron pipe

R12, that was wonderful! Im sorry about your wife and hope her health improves.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Originally posted by frozensolid
    If you are here, you are not normal.
    That does not necessarily make you abbynormal

Look up th word "Normal" in the dictionary. My picture will be there.

r12

sorry to hear about your wife. my neighbor has that (sorry i am not going to try to spell it) i also have 3 or 4 customers with it as well. it seems they all have good and bad days. my wife has rhumitiod arthritis (she is 27) so i have a little idea of what you are going through. i like the idea of studing massages, i might try that.

jeep

Originally posted by frozensolid
    If you are here, you are not normal.

Have you met my wife?

normal and not normal,Ide say it would be dull world if everybody was normal,when people act abnormal it gets your attention and raises your eyebrows doesnt it,who sets the standard of what is normal,you think your normal,dont be so sure,you may be the wierd one.I work with a fellow who i say is very not normal,and wont say what goes on there but he is very out there on many things he does and says.My view of normal and not normal is going agaist the grain or the way things is done in the big picture,most people eat 3 meals a day,if a guy eats 1 he's not normal in my book,most people have got 1 mate and thats it,when ya got 2 or 3 trying to keep happy,that not right iether for i have a hell of a time out of one.And ide say its normmal to have been divorced once,everybody needs a second chance but damn if you've been divorced more than 3 or 4 times i wouldnt consider that not normal iether.
    There are three signs of old age.
    The first is your loss of memory,
    the other two I forget.

All you guys are messed up.
    Not even 2 advice columns in here could help, although one of those columns kinda sucked.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Diceman,help with what,i thought he was wanting opinions on what was normal and not,just my 2 cents,thats my take.If you see a cat screwen a dog would ya call that normal,some may but i wouldnt,but i might take a picture for a joke.
    There are three signs of old age.
    The first is your loss of memory,
    the other two I forget.

Normal

Thats why we tend to make close friends with other people just like us. Outsiders are not normal. There are a few guys I talk to here. I am comfortable with them. I concider them normal. There are some that I try to be friendly with to no avail. I like people coming to this site looking for a smile. Am I normal? In who's book? Signing off Roy? It's is a personal thing from me to you. But a grate for others. So I am not normal and I like it that way. Roy

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast