Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone..

Has anyone..

Im looking into wether or not to buy the Testo Humidity Stick w/Wet Bulb, or just keep what i have which is the Psychrometer Digital ARH4 Fieldpiece. I dont really use the Psychrometer Digital ARH4 Fieldpiece for much, simply cause i dont know if i can trust it. anyone have any luck with either of them or have tested them together?

Having one must be better than not having one at all. Your signature should kick in by now.
    Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.

You should first see if the one you have is working correctly,It should not be a big deal to ask the folks at the parts house to compare yours to a new one.
    If you don't use it much then whats the point in getting another, Though i have been taught it is a essential tool. If your looking at Testo make sure it's the 605 h2

I have that tool from Testo ( can't remember the model ) but it works well for me. It does WB , RH , DP , and DB ( F and C ).

I have 2 of the 605H2 and only have one issue, as do most others, the battery door is EASY to loose!!
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

I have the Digital ARH4 Fieldpiece attachment its isnt easy to use in return ducts and you have to put the whole damn thing in there Id much rather have a prob to just stick in and get a quick reading. I dont trust it cause I have gotten some bad tools recently from fieldpiece thats why. there is only one guy at work that uses the testo 605 h2 everyone eles uses a bacharach sling psychrometer so they tell me to get one of those.. so..

Quote Originally Posted by Trehak01 View Post
    I have the Digital ARH4 Fieldpiece attachment its isnt easy to use in return ducts and you have to put the whole damn thing in there Id much rather have a prob to just stick in and get a quick reading. I dont trust it cause I have gotten some bad tools recently from fieldpiece thats why. there is only one guy at work that uses the testo 605 h2 everyone eles uses a bacharach sling psychrometer so they tell me to get one of those.. so..
    We now have an accessory head that can go in the duct called the ARH5. It runs about $129.00. Info on it here http://www.fieldpiece.com/accessory-heads/arh5

We also have a stand alone version, the SRH3. Here's the video on that
    http://youtu.be/FzbYsZPkBA8

Or we have a pocket psychrometer that can go inside a duct. Info here
    http://www.fieldpiece.com/pocket-tools

Mn the state where absolutey nothing is allowed
    Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post
    We now have an accessory head that can go in the duct called the ARH5. It runs about $129.00. Info on it here http://www.fieldpiece.com/accessory-heads/arh5

We also have a stand alone version, the SRH3. Here's the video on that
    http://youtu.be/FzbYsZPkBA8

Or we have a pocket psychrometer that can go inside a duct. Info here
    http://www.fieldpiece.com/pocket-tools
    Russell, that pocket psycrometer is neat, but there are no specifications to be found..

i assume due to the size difference ( and price) it does not use the same techology and have the same accuracy& response time as the SRH3.

can you please "fill in the blanks?"

also what size hole would need to be drilled in the duct and whats the probe length? (this is regarding the pocket one)

thank you, John
    my boss thinks its possible to repeal the laws of physics

Mn the state where absolutey nothing is allowed
    you must cut a pretty large hole in the return drop to swing that thing inside it....
    my boss thinks its possible to repeal the laws of physics

Quote Originally Posted by ch4man View Post
    you must cut a pretty large hole in the return drop to swing that thing inside it....
    thought about it

Quote Originally Posted by ch4man View Post
    Russell, that pocket psycrometer is neat, but there are no specifications to be found..

i assume due to the size difference ( and price) it does not use the same techology and have the same accuracy& response time as the SRH3.

also what size hole would need to be drilled in the duct and whats the probe length? (this is regarding the pocket one)

thank you, John

----Reponse time is fast and accuracy is +/- 2 degrees F ---

---The probe is .38" diameter and 2" in length----

thank you, John

I've used the Testo 605 H2 humidity sticks for years. They fit nicely through the 1/2" test holes I drill in all of the equipment I service so I can get the actual entering air conditions at the evaporator coil.

I recently picked up a Fieldpiece PRH3.
    It is a handy instrument for walk around readings, as it responds faster than the Testo H2's, but the sensor end doesn't stick far enough into a duct to get good readings.

I'm thinking about getting one of the fieldpice units with the extendable probe, because even the 5" insertion of the H2 isn't really long enough in a lot of situations.
    I've been eyeballing the wireless setup, so I can monitor the return WB temp on the fly while I'm at the outdoor unit.

Quote Originally Posted by BillDuffy View Post
    Pretty much useless for getting getting the actual evaporator entering air conditions on a system with ducted returns...
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast