+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bosch PS-40 12V impact driver

Post Likes

Bosch PS-40 12V impact driver

This weekend, I fell in love with it all over again. While I've already experienced the time savings when you need to do maintenances on like 10 rooftop units, this was the first time I used it in a higher torque application.. Needed to drive 50-odd tapcons 1/4 x 1 3/4 into concrete and brick to repair some wind damage and as a preventative measure on other fake shutters on a property that I'm maintaining. I didn't even feel the effort as that little thing was doing its work without complaining and the battery was already a little stale from 2 weeks of use on the job. Compare that to the Ridgid 18V regular cordless drill that I used to drive 10-15 tapcons while fastening a shed foundation - needed to break out my socket set to finish the job. Of course, if you do a lot of install work, you want an 18V impact driver, but this little puppy will do in a pinch.

Consider getting the PS-41 instead for a few more bucks as it's a lot shorter for tight quarters work (main benefit), has better batteries (for you refrigeration guys) and even more torque (not that I needed it in this application lol).

Post Likes
    I have the Bosch PS21-2A, and have loved it for the past 2.5 yrs.
    Are the PS-40's a newer version?
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Post Likes
    Nevermind, DUH!
    It's the impact. I almost bought a combo with the impact, but it didn't have the PS-21. It had the longer drill/driver (not the 3/8 drive).

FWIW
    I have not had to replace my batteries in the 2.5 yrs I've had it, and use it exclusively on a daily basis.
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kamersoutdoor View Post
    I have the Bosch PS21-2A, and have loved it for the past 2.5 yrs.
    Are the PS-40's a newer version?
    It's the newer version with supposedly more torque and better batteries. PS-41 is the even newer generation. The main advantage is that it's significantly shorter so it fits in tighter spaces.

Post Likes
    I've used the Ps41-2a in tight spaces and every mm saved comes in handy. The LED lights aren't the best thing ever but they do come in handy while your hands or drill are blocking your light source.

Post Likes
    I own the ps40 and ps41. The ps40 is now my back up. You won't be disappointed with either but if you can afford a few more $ then pick up the ps41

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in