Time for a new drill
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Time for a new drill

I currently have a Makita 18v lithium ion impact. It's dying a slow death and I'm looking to go new. I thought about another Makita which would give me 6 batteries but kind of want a new impact. What's everyone using? Pros? Cons? Recommendations?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Ive got makita now and will get another when its drops 15 feet enough, had milwaukees and dewalts but prefer makitas given others having to get new de and mil more than makit"s. i guess i beat em up enough to prefer. Id compare tourqe and battery life

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I love my Makita 18volt lith. Impact. I have been seeing a few guys at my company going with those 20volt Dewalt liths. They are light as ****e and smaller.Dont know about durability!

The dewalt has caught my attention. Last dewalt i owned didn't last the test of time but i did beat the crap out of it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Ive kept with Milwaukee. Always had good luck. Can't bash any brand. Just chose mine and am keeping with it

My Makita 18v impact has been great, but I have been eyeballing the 20v Dewalt with the brushless motor. According to Dewalt it has improved runtime over previous designs, and I like the option of having 3 speeds.

I have all the Dewalt 12 v max (sm version) drill, driver, impact and sawzall. I do mostly service and my impact is my fav, fallen of 6 footer several times with no problems.
    They have belt clips and stand by themselves, I also have the bosch 12 v minis in my personal truck with good battery life threw my mil 12 v in garage had 2 batts go bad.
    Changed over to 20 v lith dewalt but use them very little.

the newest technology is brushless. i know makita has brushless drills and impacts. they also probably use the same batteries. might be worth looking into that

i have seen co-workers go from dewalt, Hitachi,porter, rockwell and makita... still use my rigid x3.

When my van got broken into a month ago they stole my drill. I then bought the ridgid combo pack R9600 with an 18v l-ion impact X4 and a Fuego drill driver to match with 3 batteries and a charging station for about $150 at home depot.
    Great warranty, they do their job great, I stand by my purchase.

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/18V-Compact-Drill-and-Impact-Driver-Combo

When my van got broken into a month ago they stole my drill. I then bought the ridgid combo pack R9600 with an 18v l-ion impact X4 and a Fuego drill driver to match with 3 batteries and a charging station for about $150 at home depot.
    Great warranty, they do their job great, I stand by my purchase.

I have an 18 volt Dewalt impact that I like really well, especially since I got lithium ion batteries. Those are the batteries we can get thru work so you don't get much choice.

I have dropped it off the 6' ladder a few times and still works like a champ.

I've had a set of 18v, lith-ion, drill/driver Makita's for a few years that I really love. Unless something totally swung my attention away, I'd replace with a new set of Makita's. Their tough as nails. The size/weight ratio is perfect. Belt clips on both. When something has proven itself over the test of time, it's hard to change.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast