Fault code 41

Thread: Fault code 41

OK I need some help here.

I have a Carrier MVP58 Infinity. Our Furnace has been in the off setting for about a week and we turned it to cool today and got a fault code 41. I have put it into a self test and the inducer runs on low and then high, and then nothing else seems to happen until it starts blinking the code 41.

We did have a brown out followed by a full outage for about 8 hours on 3July. We had not run it since then until today, but it was off at the time.

Any way to fix this myself ASAP. It might be monday before I can get someone out and the next few days are going to be close to 100 and humid.

From the Carrier 58MVP Service Manual:

"BLOWER MOTOR FAULT - Indicates the blower failed to reach 250 RPM or the blower failed to
    communicate within the prescribed time limits. Thirty seconds after being turned ON or ten
    seconds during steady-state operation."

You won't like to hear this, but you need to call your service people to come and fix a problem like this, can get very complicated with ECM motors and their controls.

I agree, the brownout probably took out the ECM capacitors. And frankly, that is not a warranty failure. That's a homeowners insurance claim.

Dang it york ya beat me to it. Where'd you get that service manual from???
    It could well be something simpler but my inclination is to think of a bad motor control module.

Yeah but like I say, it's probably not a bad motor controller, but a killed one.

I was afraid of that. I an not concerned about the cost of it right now. Just want it fixed yesterday. Its midnight here and my fricken house is 82.6 right now.

Besides I think I should be able to file a claim against the guy who had the DWI and took out the power for the neighborhood. Two local food places have said they are going to file claims for food loses after their coolers went above the required temp limit for food storage.

What are the odds my local dealer will have the parts on hand?

Talking

Well I have good news. It is 91.5 outside and it is 75.3 inside! I was able to get my dealer Modern Sheet Metal in Neenah WI to stop right out today. It turns out it was a bad bearing. It took him all of 15 minutes to fix it, and best of all it is covered under warrenty yet!

Thanks for the help and also for my dealer for being a stand up place. They could have told me it was the board also and I would have never known!

Originally posted by 4l530
    Dang it york ya beat me to it. Where'd you get that service manual from???
    It could well be something simpler but my inclination is to think of a bad motor control module.
    Had one at my new house, I have an Infinity now, the contractor left the manual next to the furnace.