+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lumber questions

Post Likes
    Is CDX grade lumber and sheathing always pressure treated? I know OSB sheathing is glued partical Ply-board and RDT is a finer grade, but Im wondering about CDX more so. I think CDX is pressure treated to prevent rot and termits and such, so its a lot of expensive. Can anyone give me a better answer?

Post Likes
    CDX comes pressure treated or not. C and D is the grade for both sides and the x is for exterior use, meaning the glue holding the plys is rated for exterior use. Thats the best I can do for now, I may stand corrected though.
    Saddle Up!

Post Likes
    Oh I see, thanks. Makes sense. Have you ever done any shear walling? Or underpinning? Thats the reason Im refering to CDX.

Post Likes
    80GUGU is correct. I did a short term as a commercial carpenter prior to swapping to ac/r. Is 25years short term.

Post Likes
    Keep all wood siding above the splash line on exterior. Getting it too close to the ground will make if go bad early.

Post Likes
    If Im re-enforcing walls, does CDX have more strength than sa..OSB? Or RDT?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in