Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No work??

Joe Harper, may I send you some of my trade school grads? We are working hard to make them useful. Reno area is slow so I am encouraging any grads who are not "wedded" to the area to consider relocating.

ccnn.edu is our site.

Quote Originally Posted by ar_hvac_man View Post
    You get used to it. Actually not but you do get acclimated. My young new apprentice has been impressive so far but the true test is yet to come. Weve only seen about 95 deg so far and 75% humidity. Once it hits 100 with 85% humidity life gets pretty rough around here. Hes 23, served in Iraq, and claims to be able to handle the heat. Ive got my fingers crossed
    Get your a apprentice an evaporative cooling towel from Wal-mart or Home Depot for a little over $10.00. They work great and keep your neck from blistering and burning.

Quote Originally Posted by #1CDNTECH View Post
    I'd love to do a summer down south what's the cost of living high? Do techs get paid well? I know theirs lots of work thier but same as Canada with heat in the winter but all those jobs are low pay resi jobs
    Where we are, a respectable resi tech makes between $18-25 per hour.

But a nice 1500 square foot brick 3/2/2 can be had for just over $100k.

It's all relative.
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

No work in Florida??, Orlando,Bartow,Lakeland,Tampa.It's out there if really want it.

Arizona has Union jobs. Bel Air Mechanical in Phoenix has three dispatched for Service Journeymen-HVACR thru the Local hall. That's $33/Hr. for Light Commercial and an extra $5/Hr. for Applied systems or over 100TR.

Quote Originally Posted by John Markl View Post
    Where we are, a respectable resi tech makes between $18-25 per hour.

But a nice 1500 square foot brick 3/2/2 can be had for just over $100k.

It's all relative.
    I'm coming to live in Texas, geez, our RE prices are ridiculous, we make chump change in comparison.

Been working 60 to 70 hrs for the past three months here in TX. Plenty of work around here for techs that want to work.

If you cant handle 100 rooftops, your in the wrong line of work. Personally i can handle the heat just fine. 140f attic was no problem, 120f on the roof in the full sun was no big deal. I think it is environmental conditioning. At 50f im wearing long underwear, under 50, im calling in sick.
    And like I tell everybody, dont drink water all day. You will get dehydrated. I drink Dr Pepper.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Harper View Post
    If you cant handle 100 rooftops, your in the wrong line of work. Personally i can handle the heat just fine. 140f attic was no problem, 120f on the roof in the full sun was no big deal. I think it is environmental conditioning. At 50f im wearing long underwear, under 50, im calling in sick.
    And like I tell everybody, dont drink water all day. You will get dehydrated. I drink Dr Pepper.
    Lol wusses.. Up here if there's a no heat call at -40, you say "yessir" and do it I hate the cold but can handle it, but the heat doesn't bother me at all as long as there's plenty of water to be had. Eating greasy and salty foods makes sure I don't sweat out all the electrolyte

Im looking for an apprentice job in HVAC with pay in NewYork bronx and surounding areas.Determined to gain experience and make a carrier out of it.

You can about just fade away here in Tulsa OK heat. 110^ on the ground and 130^ on a roof for nearly a month to month and a half! Attics-130 to 150^.

Quote Originally Posted by nana View Post
    Im looking for an apprentice job in HVAC with pay in NewYork bronx and surounding areas.Determined to gain experience and make a carrier out of it.
    "HI-Tech" was a good company doing large commercial I worked for up there. They'll start you out brushing tubes, cleaning strainers, rebuilding cooling towers. I couldn't handle the drive living in Selden Long Island, but you sound like your a lot closer. I really liked Ron.
    Refer all arguments to the wife, she's better at it.
    www.fairtax.org

What are the rules about posting jobs? We can't find qualified help to save our lives. And if we offer to train them from scratch it's no better.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast