Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Any ideas how to improve the looks of this termination? Notice how the exhaust pipe is at an angle (due to the slope of the pipe inside). Also, there is a screen on the intake but none on the exhaust. Is this correct?

the pitch has to be there, for condensate to travel back to the furnace, not on the walkway. I'd ace that plumbers strap, maybe paint the pipe the color of the house. use a threaded rod and split clamp, also paint it.

???????????Did they use short radius 90`s for the entire flue run??????????
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

A little late now, but a concentric would have been a good choice for that install.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Im not too sure about your application. But the furnaces we install and the location we are in ( IE. Snow Level). We only have to have 12" from the termination of the exhaust to the intake. A concentric would have made it look better.

Paint the pipes to match the house and improve the quality of the hanger would be the simple fix.

Originally posted by beenthere
    A little late now, but a concentric would have been a good choice for that install.
    it's never too late.

dandyme: There is only one other 90degree and a 45 in each pipe, both short radius.

Where could I purchase a better hanger? Link?

Depending on where your located...that exhaust pipe is supposed to be insulated to prevent freeze up...also...i know the exhaust terminations we installed needed to be 12" OUT from the outside of the house...as well as 12" above expected snow level....which yours is. Also...i don't believe the exhaust termination needs to be so much HIGHER than the intake...yours is about two feet or so..which is just within the pressure zone...i believe ours were terminated around twelve inches above the intake. Have a look at your installation manual for manufacturer requirements.

I never use primer on the outside of the house.

Looks ugly.

You can use a concentric vent,

a side-by-side "bayvent",

or you can run that piping up through the roof and not see it at all.
    "If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a KA." - Albert Einstein

It's later than you think.

Ralph, where do you get the oval Bayvent? is that cocentric, or for single pipe? I am sure that looks much better on vinyl siding the the standard ones.

Originally posted by tom obrien
    Ralph, where do you get the oval Bayvent?
    "Bayvent" is the Trane name for it. Goodman, Rheem, and probably a few other companies sell the same thing, too. The picture is actually the Goodman version (courtesy of Roboteq).

Originally posted by tom obrien
    is that cocentric, or for single pipe? I am sure that looks much better on vinyl siding the the standard ones.
    It's side-by-side. The intake pipe would be on the left side in the picture. It draws air in all around the back, and the exhaust blows straight out on the right side. You can bolt it to the wall in any orientation.
    "If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a KA." - Albert Einstein

It's later than you think.

Thank you sir

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast