Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 66 to 78 of 101
  1. #66
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Paper Street Soap Company
    Posts
    2,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Music Seeker View Post
    Play ball? You mean steal the election with $60 million dollars of negative attack ads that glorified the closing of public schools to create corporate schools? Attacked teachers and unions and FORGOT who caused the economic crisis? And blatant theft of money meant for homeowners affected by the shady mortgage practices?

    Yeah, he's still a ****ing fascist.
    Explain in detail who caused the sub-prime meltdown that led to our perpetual reccesion. Explain in detail how they did it.

    I think everytime a leftist opens his mouth publicly the cumalative ignorance of the democrats is exposed.

    If you don't feel like it I will but you may not like it. Ill leave out all of the political buzzwords and hyperbolic nonsense like calling people fascist.

    Walker is drinking celabratory champagne and giving the activist idiots the finger. I love it.

    You know how happy his win made Conservatives ? how sad it made liberals ? You should have seen that nut ball MSNBC commentator crying last night.

    Classic.

  2. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    S.E. Pa
    Posts
    6,304

    Smile Peace to you Jason

    I guess Jason was never told by his union propagandists about Clinton's Community Re-Investment Act. You know, the one that forced banks to make blatantly bad loans to grossly unqualified minorities (primarily blacks) to buy their votes. Everyone knew this would blow up. When the big banks tried to back out, Clinton had US Attorney Gen. Janet Reno threaten to imprison the bank presidents if they failed to make the bad loans. As a lifesaving measure, some crafty bankers invented bundles of known bad loans with some marginal loans sugar coated with enough solid loans to sell them as "derivatives". Everyone knew when the music stopped, someone would not have a chair. When those banks left without chairs threatened to fold, the same people who engineered this goat rodeo in the first place then ran to their aid with bailouts. Meanwhile, Republicans and even John McCain argued with Barney Frank and Maxine Waters for the need for tighter banking oversight but as you can see on the Youtube videos, the Dummcrats argued overwhelmingly against controls and oversight in order to cover for their cronies. The Dummycrats took over Congress in 2006 and immediately began spending out of control, primarily to pay back cronies for political support.

    Bush tried to 'reach across the aisle' to work with the liberals by signing free drugs for the elderly and the bailouts, which for the record are NOT based upon conservative principles but right out of the Progressive handbook. That was Bush's greatest failing--actiing like a liberal.

    Since Obywan the Jedi Commie took office he has spent more than three times as much as any human in recorded history with nothing to show for it except more huge political donations. You talk about a few million bucks as if that isn't fair. Guess you forgot about Obama's one BILLION dollar war chest that bought him the POTUS.

    There has been no oversight or accounting of hundreds of billions of our money given to Obama's supporters who in turn give some of it back as "campaign contributions". That means my taxes are lining the pockets of some millionaire fascists AND Obama! It is the single biggest heist in the history of the planet.

    This administration not only refuses to enforce the laws of the land but attacks those who do. By the way, do you know the office job description for the POTUS? No, it is not to run the country like a dictator/ king. It is simply to enforce the laws of the land. By that job description, he should throw himself in jail on charges of treason and attempting to overthrow the Constitutional government of the republic. He has given ultra sensitive technology an intelligence to our enemies just as Clinton did. He gave guns to Mexican drug cartels in an attempt to demonize gun owneship so he could cook up a lame excuse to confiscate our guns. He is already censoring the Internet, especially YouTube. Many negative videos against him are either gone or won't load and run. You figure that out.

    You are always angry at the world Jason--never content or at peace yet you bash the only true source of peace and contentment on this earth--Christ. You give your money to evil men who say they will appropriate it to help the needy when they themselves are the recipients. Liberals are jealous of Christian charity because it represents power and control. They lie to the public about offering things they don't have such as hope. Only God can offer your hope by accepting his Son. If you worried more about the guy standing next to you instead of yourself, you would be a happier, better person. Please think about these things before you blast back in anger because I'm not bashing you but rather care and am trying to enlighten you there is a better life for you but your going at the exact wrong way.

    Peace

  3. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089
    Uninformed or rabidly partisan?

    With Fox, you can be both.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

    Chapman Cohen

  4. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    S.E. Pa
    Posts
    6,304
    I disagree with the 'rabidly' partisan part. They do tend to have a little conservative slant but thats more because they are the ONLY ones telling the other side of the story.

    As for ALL the other media outlets, they have proven themselves liars, thieves, and snakes obviously on the liberal payroll.

    Got nothing of substance as usual Sneerair?

  5. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    18,223
    Great post Hearthman! (60).
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

  6. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Losantiville
    Posts
    1,866
    If the financial collapse was caused by making bad loans to poor people due to the Democrats and the Community Reinvestment act could someone explain how or why the banks sliced and diced the bad loans so they appeared to be AAA when they went to the secondary market? Why did the bankers hedge these investments by betting against them? Why did AIG become such a huge insurer of these loans? Why did the real estate market blow up in other countries (Ireland, Spain, etc) when the Community Reinvestment Act affected the US only. So many questions - so few conservatives with logical thought patterns - what is a reasonable middle of the road citizen to think?
    Fox News - Rich people paying rich people to tell middle class people to blame the poor.

  7. #72
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    2,672
    The vast majority of news reports talk about how the R's outspent the D's by several millions of dollars, but they fail to say whether the money had any real effect on the campaign. They just point the finger and say "Duh."

    But most voters had their minds made up long before the money started rolling in. The money had little to do with the outcome of the election.

    According to exit data (to that extent that the polling can be trusted given some dodgy data that was reported early last night), approximately 85 percent of Wisconsin voters had their minds made up well before the Governor’s ads began plastering the airwaves throughout Wisconsin. It further appears that, despite the heavy ad campaign, the majority of voters who made up their mind during the final days of the campaign broke towards Mayor Barrett.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickunga...-for-a-recall/

    The election results were very similar to the original election in 2010. Walker won the recall election because he kept his promise to cut wasteful spending from the state budget and to save the jobs of employees who would otherwise have been laid off.

    How about that? A politician who kept his promises! Who'da thunk it?

    If there is a lesson to be learned here by the morons on the Hill, it's not just cutting the power of public employee unions. It's keeping promises. Many of the people who voted for Walker did so because he kept his promise to fix the budget, not just because of his stance against unions, and not because they were swayed by a bunch of ads. Dems lost because they wanted to keep their union bennies at the expense of employees who stood to lose jobs, and at the expense of a balanced budget.

    So now the press and the dems point fingers and complain of unfairness.
    Get a freakin' life.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

    Change your vacuum pump oil now.

    Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

  8. #73
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Paper Street Soap Company
    Posts
    2,304
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    If the financial collapse was caused by making bad loans to poor people due to the Democrats and the Community Reinvestment act could someone explain how or why the banks sliced and diced the bad loans so they appeared to be AAA when they went to the secondary market? Why did the bankers hedge these investments by betting against them? Why did AIG become such a huge insurer of these loans? Why did the real estate market blow up in other countries (Ireland, Spain, etc) when the Community Reinvestment Act affected the US only. So many questions - so few conservatives with logical thought patterns - what is a reasonable middle of the road citizen to think?
    They were sliced and diced to fund and create the secondary market that was the subprime market.

    Fannie and Freddie sold these loan packages to the investment banks. Fannie and Freddie is full of ex democrat politicians that go there to get rich.....on our dime.


    Read about what happened un Ireland. It was subprime on steroids with massive government involvment.

    Greece is crashing the euro because of socialist policies bankrupted it's coffers. Its a Country that employs it people and offers perks that were never economically viable



    To continue their socialist disaster they sold billions in greek bonds to european banks. So many in fact those banks are holding enough worthless socialist IOUs to crash the Euro.

    I guess you guys will never learn.

    Oh and great post Hearthman.

  9. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Losantiville
    Posts
    1,866
    Quote Originally Posted by commtech77 View Post
    They were sliced and diced to fund and create the secondary market that was the subprime market.

    Fannie and Freddie sold these loan packages to the investment banks. Fannie and Freddie is full of ex democrat politicians that go there to get rich.....on our dime.


    Read about what happened un Ireland. It was subprime on steroids with massive government involvment.

    Greece is crashing the euro because of socialist policies bankrupted it's coffers. Its a Country that employs it people and offers perks that were never economically viable



    To continue their socialist disaster they sold billions in greek bonds to european banks. So many in fact those banks are holding enough worthless socialist IOUs to crash the Euro.

    I guess you guys will never learn.

    Oh and great post Hearthman.
    You hit all the talking points of every apologist that has been educated by right wing radio - good job. Unfortunately the spin does not excuse the facts, the crash was caused by greed in the offices of the mortgage brokers and traders not the homes of people who got swindled.
    Fox News - Rich people paying rich people to tell middle class people to blame the poor.

  10. #75
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089
    Quote Originally Posted by commtech77 View Post
    They were sliced and diced to fund and create the secondary market that was the subprime market.

    Fannie and Freddie sold these loan packages to the investment banks. Fannie and Freddie is full of ex democrat politicians that go there to get rich.....on our dime.
    Partisan drivel


    Read about what happened un Ireland. It was subprime on steroids with massive government involvment.
    You just shot a hole in your own argument. As netsalt stated the Community REinvestment Act applied only to the U.S. Something else was going on and that something else was private lenders jumping into the subprime market along with the securities packagers looking for easy profits.

    Here is another example of the Fox effect, woefully uninformed viewers.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

    Chapman Cohen

  11. #76
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Helena, Montana
    Posts
    2,155
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

  12. #77
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    If the financial collapse was caused by making bad loans to poor people due to the Democrats and the Community Reinvestment act could someone explain how or why the banks sliced and diced the bad loans so they appeared to be AAA when they went to the secondary market? Why did the bankers hedge these investments by betting against them? Why did AIG become such a huge insurer of these loans? Why did the real estate market blow up in other countries (Ireland, Spain, etc) when the Community Reinvestment Act affected the US only. So many questions - so few conservatives with logical thought patterns - what is a reasonable middle of the road citizen to think?
    The banks did indeed take advantage of the situation that government put them in. It was government protection of the banking system that allowed it to continue to the point it did. The bottom line is that had government not interceeded with any banking business, going back to before 1913, none of what has occurred to the economy would have happened.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  13. #78
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    You hit all the talking points of every apologist that has been educated by right wing radio - good job. Unfortunately the spin does not excuse the facts, the crash was caused by greed in the offices of the mortgage brokers and traders not the homes of people who got swindled.
    Let me get this straight; you are criticizing someone for giving rational and correct reasons for what happened because others you don't like came to the same rational conclusions? It doesn't matter that it is correct, you can't accept it because you don't like it? Is that what I'm reading? It sure looks like that's what I'm reading.....yes, that is what I am reading.... and it sounds like pure posted by a real ....
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event