+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Meiko dish machine

Post Likes

Meiko dish machine

I am working on a Meiko B190P-n conveyer dish machine. It has a wash tank and an auxillary tank. Neither tank comes up to temperature. I verified the gauges. All of the elements are free of calcium and drawing the correct amperage. I checked the exhaust system to see that it wasn't pulling to much air. The water in the tanks is not diluted by too much make up water. The incoming water is 135 degrees. The water in both tanks comes up to 155 degrees. I need at least 165 degrees. The question I have is will a heating element loose it's ability to heat after a few years?

Post Likes
    Does it satisfy at 155, or continually call for heat?

Since you're drawing the correct amps, I'm not so sure it would be the elements. Meiko has good tech support, give them a call and see what they say.

Post Likes
    It continually calls for heat

Post Likes
    Commercial dish machines as a rule require 140f incoming water temp. Continually calling for heat means the heat source should be on. What method is being used to heat the water? Electric elements in tanks? Gas burners? Steam? With elect. elements a calcium or lime coating on elements can dramatically reduce hear transfer to the tank water. There could also be a partial element failure in an element bundle.

If when you first turn on machine, and let it sit without running any dishes or cycles;does it eventually come up to temp?

As the machine runs cycles it brings in fresh water as part of every cycle. If the inlet water solenoid is leaking by, the cooler [135] water keeps tank temps down. Similarly if there is a drain leaking the machine will be calling for water and bring the cooler [135] water in. I usually try for at least 145f incoming water temp and am happier with 150 and above.

As with many types of equipment they work really well when new and conditions are optimal, and as they age they work better with a little help.

Post Likes
    The machine has electric heating elements in a tank. The inlet solenoid is not leaking by. I can raise the inlet water temperature but the same water is for domestic hot water. The staff then complains about the water being too hot. There is no calcium build up on the elements.Also all of the elements are working.

Post Likes

ff

lso you didn't mention the drain

Post Likes

ff

Ok, sorry read your original post more closely. Not knowing your installation,{school? hotel? Restaurant?] there are so many times these installations aren't thought through. 140f is minimum acceptable incoming water temp and the tech boys for Meico in Nashville will tell you the same thing. You need separation from water to other fixtures in Kitchen. Whether it is a tempering valve to other fixtures or a booster dedicated to your dish machine. the minimum wash temp in most states is 150f. Can I ask why your looking for 165f? Final rinse is mini mum 180f I would think with 165f needed you will need 155f incoming to maintain 165f, and the 155 would need to be minimum and not just something you see at the start of cycling for the day. i have extensive experience with ware washers with a number of manufacturers, and know thy are gonna say 165 is not a sustainable figure. A temp this high is going to be achieved solely by your modification of your water system before it gets to the dish machine. Also you didn't mention the drain. If you are losing water it is not going to stay hot.

Post Likes
    I really wish there was simpler answer, but these machines;even from various manufacturers are designed to meet minimum requirements and when you venture outside the minimum the facility is responsible for bringing the supporting equipment or systems up to the level that will provide the levels of criteria temperature in this example that your looking for. I ran maintenance at a large country club in NC where the health dept. required temps to be maintained at a certain level. I ended up installing new A O Smith water heaters that provided 162 incoming water to maintain dish machine temps over the entire cycling of the machines through the day; even under heavy use.

Post Likes
    check the sensor in the middle of the element package in the booster tank.
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in