Thread: Turbocor

Maybee I'm thinking of something different. A Turbcor Compressor. Marketed as oiless compressor Alum body small footprint. used for retro fits for older compressors??????

McQuay puts them on there new chillers but yes you can buy them for retrofits also.

Smart Chiller from Canada uses them on everything. We are in the process of changing out our 480ton D & B chiller. I viewed the turbocor's in operation and was very impressed. So small, quite, and most of all so efficient. It was proposed that we have a system with 4 80 ton compressors (our existing chiller is so oversized due to changes within the building) Anyway, the powers that be chose a Trane single compressor screw. I see more overtime coming my way.

Originally posted by tom obrien
    Smart Chiller from Canada uses them on everything. We are in the process of changing out our 480ton D & B chiller. I viewed the turbocor's in operation and was very impressed. So small, quite, and most of all so efficient. It was proposed that we have a system with 4 80 ton compressors (our existing chiller is so oversized due to changes within the building) Anyway, the powers that be chose a Trane single compressor screw. I see more overtime coming my way.

LOL did the mcquay rep take them to any turborcore units or WMC Chillers ? everytime I have done that (2x) the customer has wanted to take the unit home.

Althought yes there are more then a screw but energy savings, along with a heck of alot less mainteance, makes the unit have a two to three year payback