how to maintaine/clean an electronic air filter

I have a new electronic air filter installed in my new hvac system. I have read alot on this site about how eac's only last if properly maintained. well, how do I properly maintain my eac?

They are all a little different. Post your brand and model number and we can give you some tips for your specific unit.

carrier eacbbcc2020

http://www.xpedio.carrier.com/idc/gr...t/eacb-1pd.pdf

I know that the manual provides maintenance instructions, but from what I have read on here, there is more to it than that.

I'm not very familiar with Carrier's EAC, maybe someone else can tell you.

Didn't it come with an owners manual? That should tell you how to clean it.

Do you have service agreement with your HVAC company? If so let them clean it for you when they come out service the equipment. I will say this be careful if you try to do yourself. There are proper ways to take out and clean and there ways not do which can hurt you and the EAC. Do to this not being DYI site I would suggest that you let your dealer/installer do it. An if you you don't have a service agreement I would be wise in these case.

Watch how they clean it and conform there if you choose to do it your self. Be careful and if you don't know how to do then don't clean yourself!