Thread: hella heatwave

Forecast for monday and tuesday next week (17th-18th) is in the 100's. 99s through the weekend. All I know is with the recent storms and this heat it is thick thick thick outside.

They are talking near 100 on Sat, and 101 on Sunday here in Minnesota. That's the warmest it has been in almost 11 years.

"Hello? Mr. Gore? I was wondering if you could do something about the heat? What's that? You say the earth's heat pump's reversing valve is stuck and the heat's on all the time? Well call a pro Dammit!"
    There's TREACHERY AFOOT!!!

Talking

Too damn hot for an old man like to work.
    I was in an apt yesterday afternoon and the t-stat was pegged out. Couldn't hardly breathe.
    I'm trimming out houses inthe morning and working on a remodel in the afternoons under a/c.
    "FIGHT CRIME: SHOOT BACK"

Glad I'm not on call this weekend. Did all of my weekly maintenance today to try and keep the guy who is on call from having to visit my accounts this weekend. Hope it works.

It's blazing hot here too, high 90's for the last couple days.

I had a compressor change out to do this week, I was pressing real hard for Monday... high of 72, overcast... beautiful day to be on a roof.

Instead I went yesterday afternoon and finished up this afternoon.

Temps I recorded on the roof were 100-105, standing next to a unit blowing out 120+ deg air... ahhh it was lovely.
    "If you call that hard work, a koalas life would look heroic."

VETO PRO PAC, The Official Tool Bag of HVAC-Talk.com

Testo... you guys rule!

Yea, FINALLY gonna see some summer here too. Only talking 92 with some healthy humidity. One of the guys was on a strip mall roof today reading 120. Our wimps aren't used to that!

Maybe it is time to listen to old Ozone Al!

Yeah but yall have it easy, its a dry heat, come down here and try a 95 degree day with 95% humidity in Louisiana, you will be running back up north begging for 100.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Hey, Dude. I'm just a few miles above you and this 99 degree weather with 78% humidity is not comfortable.
    "FIGHT CRIME: SHOOT BACK"

It's been in the upper 70's to mid 80's past week. Heat is finally supposed to hit this week. Oh well, it helps break the ac's to keep me employed.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

We've been hit with some rain too, so it is thick enough to cut in the morning.
    What i hate is when I'm writing a ticket and a big pool of sweat hits the clipboard and messes up my writing. i know the customers must love it too. But if they want to be cool they'll just have to deal with the "big boned" sweaty guy fixin thier $hit.

101 forcasted now for the begining of next week 4 days in the 100's

Cool

LOL. That is so true about the sweat messing uo the ink and leaving a big wet spot on invoice.