Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I'll have a double with cheese....make that xtra cheese please....and a large order of fries.....a and a medium frosty..... you dont have medium ???.... then just give me a large....and I also need a small diet coke please.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    Do you actually believe that it is the government's responsibility to tell me how big a soda I can drink? You don't see this as yet another step in the direction of personal intrusion and loss of personal freedom?
    Do you not see the effect your population's gluttony is having on your nation? If it were only 10%, 20% or 30% of your population it might be manageable. And it is not the government telling you how much soda you can drink. It is the government setting limits on the size of drink that can be served 'with sugar in it'. Diet drinks there is no limit. If you want to buy two when they no longer sell them by the bucket that is up to you.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

The point is printer.... that the banning of big gulps is just rediculous......

I mean seriously.....

America is king of the all you can eat buffet and the salad bar....... where people build 10000 calorie salads for lunch.....

You should see some of the salads I build......lots of cheese and ham......mushrooms....more cheese....... some crackers or bread to go with the salad....and I usually use blue cheese dressing and lots of it though lately I have been dousing the whole thing with low cal dressing.....

And Im not alone in that.

So... restricting drink size is just rediculous...especially when you can buy as many smaller sizes as you want.....and when you can buy a dozen double cheeseburgers with chilli cheese fries to go with that small drink and then wash it down with a couple of milk shakes.......

I think americans should eat healthier......especially our children..... but banning the sale of soft drinks of a certain size is just batsh*t crazy.

Yes, I'll have a double quarter pounder with cheese, a large order of fries, a six piece mcnuggets with honey mustard sauce...and I need an extra container of sauce... and a small diet coke please.

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Do you not see the effect your population's gluttony is having on your nation? If it were only 10%, 20% or 30% of your population it might be manageable. And it is not the government telling you how much soda you can drink. It is the government setting limits on the size of drink that can be served 'with sugar in it'. Diet drinks there is no limit. If you want to buy two when they no longer sell them by the bucket that is up to you.
    So you are suggesting the govt is justified in playing 'nanny' and telling folks what to eat? Tell me how that will make society better? Please explain in detail.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

If you want to cure the plague of fatness in this country, start by education of our youth in schools. Teach them a proper diet and caloric intake, teach them about proper exercise and show them the results when you dont.

Such as field trips to therapy clinics where folks are being fitted with prosthetic limbs from diabetes. Show them films of triple bypass surgery on 30 year old adults. Teach them not to combat stress with food and that food is not a placebo.

Get your children involved with sports at school and not video games. This keeps their minds occupied and their bodies fit.

Tell them what is in our food, such as steroids, bovine growth hormones, irradiated vegetables and fruits.

Teach them about evil companies such as Monsanto and how our government is bought by such companies.

Get rid of stupid fast food commercials and advertise good eating habits of the basic food groups. They did when I was a kid.

Teach them the truth and you will see change! Show them good habits when they are young, and they will practice them for life...usually.

My daughter is 15, she is on the track team and plays volleyball. My son is 12 and has been playing baseball for 6 years and taking Kung Fu for the last 3 years. When they want to snack, we tell them that they can eat all the fruits and vegetables they want....we police the junk food.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

I'll have 2 bisquits and sausage gravy, 2 fried eggs over easy and dont bust the yolks please..... You do fry those in the bacon and sausage grease dont you ???

I will also have 2 slices of bacon and 3 pieces of sausage..... that should do it..

My drink...???

Just bring me a small diet soda and black coffee please.

Oh... do you have grits ??? I will have an order of grits also please, with extra butter.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    I'll have 2 bisquits and sausage gravy, 2 fried eggs over easy and dont bust the yolks please..... You do fry those in the bacon and sausage grease dont you ???

I will also have 2 slices of bacon and 3 pieces of sausage..... that should do it..

My drink...???

Just bring me a small diet soda and black coffee please.

Oh... do you have grits ??? I will have an order of grits also please, with extra butter.

Mmmmm. Now you got my attention. Dont forget the pancakes with a quart of maple syrup and tub of whipped butter.

Mose realize that some peoples bad habits result on a burden to the public health services and indirectly to the rest of us. The question is where personal liberty is more important than having our spirit crushed with controls.
    Canada seems very different in these terms and might not fully understand that these controls are a personal invasion.
    The door, at least in NYC, was opened with a ban on public smoking, then trans fats, now soda pop. It's been predicted that whole towns will ban smoking even in your own home. Some people just want rules.

IMO it's ok to tell a kid not to run with scissors, but not an adult.
    "What Fools these mortals be"....Puck

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Well with people being too stupid in their eating habits to the point of where half if not more of the population is obese who is going to act as the adult?
    No matter their stupidity the job of regulating what they do and not eat is not the job of the government.

I'll have a 12 pack of crunchy tacos please....and a small diet coke.

By the way.... Ive lost 5 pounds over the last 3 weeks... or it might be 6... I was at the doc three weeks ago and six weeks ago....cant remember if they weighed me the last time....3 weeks ago..... so it may have taken 6 weeks.....but thats not bad either.

Make that 12 crunchy tacos and a couple of beef burritto supremes.....and a small diet coke...

I believe we should not be told what to drink eat or smoke. Though smoking where people have no option but to breath the smoke is another question. People will gravitate to whatever vices they enjoy.

How about not subsidizing the Corn Industry, or the People who grow animals for consumption.How about barring the use of food aid to be used to buy fast food or food that has no nutritional value.

Yes everyone is a Hypocrite and I really enjoy Burgers and fries. They'll have to pry my Slurpee from my literal cold dead hand. But if the food we eat more closely reflects the true unsubsidized price it costs I for one will eat less of it- enjoy and savor it more when i do eat it and maybe just manage to live just a little bit longer

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    So you are suggesting the govt is justified in playing 'nanny' and telling folks what to eat? Tell me how that will make society better? Please explain in detail.
    Nowhere does it say the government wants to tell you what to eat. What they want to do is limit the size of the sugar delivery mechanism that is helping cripple your country.

Obesity and the form of diabetes linked to it are taking an even worse toll on America’s youths than medical experts had realized. As obesity rates in children have climbed, so has the incidence of Type 2 diabetes, and a new study adds another worry: the disease progresses more rapidly in children than in adults and is harder to treat.

Before the 1990s, this form of diabetes was hardly ever seen in children. It is still uncommon, but experts say any increase in such a serious disease is troubling. There were about 3,600 new cases a year from 2002 to 2005, the latest years for which data is available.

The research is the first large study of Type 2 diabetes in children, “because this didn’t used to exist,” said Dr. Robin Goland, a member of the research team and co-director of the Naomi Berrie Diabetes Center at Columbia University Medical Center in New York. She added, “These are people who are struggling with something that shouldn’t happen in kids who are this young.”
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/30/he...-children.html

A new study has found that regular consumption of soda and other sugar-sweetened beverages is associated with a clear and consistently greater risk of metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes. According to the Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH) researchers, the study provides empirical evidence that intake of sugary beverages should be limited to reduce risk of these conditions.
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1027151205.htm

No other department in our hospital has exploded like the dialysis department, we just finished two new wings last year and the machines are humming from dawn to midnight. We also have an outbuilding dedicated to filtering people's blood for 3-4 hours 3 times a week.

Consuming too many soft drinks increases your risk of developing asthma or the severe breathing condition Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder (COPD), new research suggests.

Researchers in Australia examined the health and soft drink consumption of 16,907 people aged 16 and over in South Australia during 2008-2010.

One in 10 drank at least half a litre of soft drinks every day, they found.

"The amount of soft drink consumption is associated with an increased chance of asthma and/or COPD. There exists a dose-response relationship, which means the more soft drink one consumes, the higher the chance of having these diseases", the researchers, led by Zumin Shi of Adelaide University, report in the journal Respirology.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/20...y-drinks-study

Harvard researchers found that men who drank one sugar-sweetened beverage per day had a 20 percent increased risk of heart attack compared to those who eschewed the sugary drinks, according to the study published in the journal Circulation.

And the risk rose with increasing consumption: Two sugary drinks a day was linked to a 42 percent increase in risk, while three was associated with a 69 percent increase.
    http://vitals.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...rt-attack?lite

I take it you prefer to be manipulated by the big corporations that are exploiting human nature with all these super-sized goodies? You think they have not done studies or used the ones documenting how larger sized portions encourage over-consumption? Oh yeah, but then it is the individual's choice, right? Well the individual is loosing and the food industry is winning.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast