Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    What is freedom? I live in a country where we have 'free' healthcare. I do not have to worry about some insurance company dropping me, loosing my job and loosing medical insurance, I can quite my job to pursue another career without worrying about medical coverage. You would see it as not having the freedom to choose if I have medical insurance or not. So which of these two options gives me the more freedom in my life?

Sorry, story from fantasy land. Little orphan would not think twice about the sandwich and will eat it as he is hungry. Methinks you may be stuck in a ideological fantasy land on this one.
    Ya know Printer, this whole post tells me something that is IMO the cancer of society: Folks are more interested in debate than solutions. If a person really wanted to SOLVE the problem... they would research history to find what has worked and what has not... and act accordingly.

And the ones that debate the most (read that argue for the sake of arguing... like wressling a pig in the mud), are usually the liberals who really could care less if the problem is ever solved... as long as they get freebees at someone else's expense. Take away that safety net and lets see how fast folks go back to making responsible decisions.

However we all know the safety net will never go away as long as polecats can BUY votes with it... so I guess I will have to put up with worthless leaches on society... until the rest of us paying the bills gets sick of it and votes the crooked polecats out of office... which is gonna happen this fall.[/QUOTE]

Is this your Robo impression, sidestepping the question with misdirection? I (the liberal) am more interested in debating a problem than offering solutions? When I outlined the problem, 10 teaspoons of sugar in a 12 oz can of pop (almost one spoon per oz, multiply that by 30 - 40 ounces), part of the solution, reducing cup sizes as is the topic of the discussion. I explained that we are wired to consume more when more is placed in front of us and that the food industry uses this to exploit us for greater sales. I explained the health risks and the costs to society.

And you have offered what as a solution to the problem? Free choice? Give me a break.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Ya know Printer, this whole post tells me something that is IMO the cancer of society: Folks are more interested in debate than solutions. If a person really wanted to SOLVE the problem... they would research history to find what has worked and what has not... and act accordingly.

And the ones that debate the most (read that argue for the sake of arguing... like wressling a pig in the mud), are usually the liberals who really could care less if the problem is ever solved... as long as they get freebees at someone else's expense. Take away that safety net and lets see how fast folks go back to making responsible decisions.

However we all know the safety net will never go away as long as polecats can BUY votes with it... so I guess I will have to put up with worthless leaches on society... until the rest of us paying the bills gets sick of it and votes the crooked polecats out of office... which is gonna happen this fall.
    Is this your Robo impression, sidestepping the question with misdirection? I (the liberal) am more interested in debating a problem than offering solutions? When I outlined the problem, 10 teaspoons of sugar in a 12 oz can of pop (almost one spoon per oz, multiply that by 30 - 40 ounces), part of the solution, reducing cup sizes as is the topic of the discussion. I explained that we are wired to consume more when more is placed in front of us and that the food industry uses this to exploit us for greater sales. I explained the health risks and the costs to society.

And you have offered what as a solution to the problem? Free choice? Give me a break.[/QUOTE]

I also explained things to him that he completely ignored....and he later came back and asked me to explain again....all the while assuming that I'm being supported financially by the government. I'm done with this.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post

However we all know the safety net will never go away as long as polecats can BUY votes with it... so I guess I will have to put up with worthless leaches on society... until the rest of us paying the bills gets sick of it and votes the crooked polecats out of office... which is gonna happen this fall.

Not sure how you screwed this up Printer, however I did NOT post the above quote.
    You wrapped the quote box around part of my quote and left part of it outside the quote box. The rest of my quote is now part of your reply. I did not screw it up. You did. If you can not figure that one out maybe you should take a break.

I have read endless stats which say one has a lot better chance of getting healthcare in the USA than Canada or England... so tell me what is so great about rationed healthcare... just because it is free.
    And I have read endless posts on the lack of health care in Canada from people that do not know better. Well for one everyone is treated equally and it costs us 50% less than yours does.

All I have to do to get all the healthcare I need (key word is NEED), is to talk to a few friends and carefully choose a doc. Never had any issues in my whole life.

MeThinks this healthcare politics stuff is more 'fear mongering' than reality... unless we are talking about a person with a helpless mentality who is not willing to take control and responsibility for their personal health as well as their healthcare needs.

So tell me Printer: What is wrong with a healthcare system where the buyer can tell the insurance co to take a hike... and find an alternative. There are LOTS of alternatives if one wants to go shopping... rather than gripe all day.
    We were discussing freedom, I gave an example of one of the things that I find truly liberating to my choices of what I can do with my life. What you do or can do in your country has never really concerned me. Go tell an insurance company where to go. I have never said our system is right for you but I have defended it from those that say it can not work. What is wrong with a health care system where you can go shopping? Nothing unless you have a precondition and can not get insurance leaving you with getting the help you need from a hospital and then not being able to pay for it. In the end the insurance companies or government end up paying for it by higher costs passed on to people who are covered.

Which brings me back to drink sizes... ...oh yeah, that is how we got here.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    I'll have a 60 ounce super big gulp please......Coke....and just the syrup please...with no soda or ice. Oh...can I have a couple of scoops of icecream on top of that..... dont worry about the syrup spilling over......I will lick my hands and the cup clean when I am done.

Oh... I also need a small diet coke to wash it all down with.
    I may need a big gulp also. I am pouring salt in the palm of my hand and licking it up. It makes me thirsty.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678