Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Gay agenda being promoted by several retail companies

Home Depot, Target, Penny's and AARP are all spending money promoting the gay agenda. For instance check out this email from the American Family Ass. http://www.afa.net/

J.C. Penney promotes "gay marriage" with Father's Day ad

Dear Glenn,

From its website the company states, "J.C. Penney Company, Inc. (NYSE: JCP) is re-imagining every aspect of its business in order to reclaim its birthright and become America's favorite store." It is well established that James Cash Penney, the founder of the J.C. Penney Company (JCP), was a Christian who lived his life and ran his business by the principles of God's Word. Sadly, the re-imagining of the present-day J.C. Penney Company indicates a departure from biblical moorings and Mr. Penney's leadership by taking sides in the cultural war in celebration of homosexuality.

In JCP's June catalog, a pro-homosexual ad shows two men on the floor playing and hugging their two children at home. It reads, "First Pals - What makes Dad so cool? He's the swim coach, tent maker, best friend, bike fixer and hug giver - all rolled into one. Or two. Real-life dads Todd Koch and Cooper Smith with their children Claire and Mason.

http://calendar.jcpenney.com/june/#!book/thebook/16
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Don't buy from them, It's a free country. I don't buy from any of them .
    Last edited by Gcanno; 06-06-2012 at 03:47 AM. Reason: clarify

Quote Originally Posted by Gcanno View Post
    Don't buy from them, It's a free country. I don't buy from any of them .
    My thoughts precisely. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

The bible also says:
    • Don't eat shellfish
    • Don't eat pork
    • Don't wear garments of mixed materials
    • Don't cut your hair
    • No tattoos
    • No work on the sabbath (No matter if you believe it's Saturday or Sunday)
    • Women cannot speak in church
    • No sex before marriage
    Clearly, god wasn't referring to you, and you can just continue to ignore all of the rest of that metaphorical stuff in the bible. That's why they call it the living word, right? Because the meaning changes all the time? Where is the call to outlaw bacon and crab cakes? What a coincedence that god hates the same people you do, Glenn!
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

Does someone have to hate gay people because they think gay is wrong?

I dont hate gay people, I just think that life style is vile and disgusting, against natural laws, and that no good can come from it.

I believe it is a genetic mutation.

Thats all...no hate involved.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob View Post
    The bible also says:
    • Don't eat shellfish
    • Don't eat pork
    • Don't wear garments of mixed materials
    • Don't cut your hair
    • No tattoos
    • No work on the sabbath (No matter if you believe it's Saturday or Sunday)
    • Women cannot speak in church
    • No sex before marriage

Clearly, god wasn't referring to you, and you can just continue to ignore all of the rest of that metaphorical stuff in the bible. That's why they call it the living word, right? Because the meaning changes all the time? Where is the call to outlaw bacon and crab cakes? What a coincedence that god hates the same people you do, Glenn!
    This is what happens when you take parts of the Bible out of context for the purpose of supporting a certain agenda.

The dietary laws above were intended only for the Israelites, no one else. Besides, the New Covenant of Grace (Jesus's Laws) superseded that.

Same with the hair cutting thing.

The Bible does not forbid women from speaking in church. The language is to warn them from taking authority where it is not granted. This gets a little complicated, but once again you repeated propaganda out of context.

You may be right about tattoos. The Bible tells followers not to deface their bodies.

Correct on no sex before marriage

God does not hate homosexuals. He hates the sin, not the sinner. We are all sinners, every single one of us.

You should really have a better understanding of the Bible if you're going to try and use it in this manner.

While boycotts are known to not work because the boycotted business's get more business from those who agree with the business policies that makes up for the business lost from those who boycott, I avoid doing business with companies that promote lifestyles I don't agree with. That's the American way.

Then again, I stopped renting movies from Blockbuster because they would not stop putting homosexually themed movies throughout general sections and look what happened to Blockbuster....
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Does someone have to hate gay people because they think gay is wrong?

I dont hate gay people, I just think that life style is vile and disgusting, against natural laws, and that no good can come from it.

I believe it is a genetic mutation.

Thats all...no hate involved.
    If you were to replace the word "gay" with the words "black" or "spanish" or "jewish" or "people with red hair", and anyone with any sense would say that you are a prejudiced person. You are entitled to your opinions, but that's what they are. They're not based on any factual evidence or anything even remotely linked to reality. Maybe hate is too strong a word, but should we allow opinions not based in fact determine the course of government policy and alter the course of other peoples' lives? I say absolutely not.

Quote Originally Posted by k-fridge View Post
    This is what happens when you take parts of the Bible out of context for the purpose of supporting a certain agenda.

The dietary laws above were intended only for the Israelites, no one else. Besides, the New Covenant of Grace (Jesus's Laws) superseded that.

Same with the hair cutting thing.

The Bible does not forbid women from speaking in church. The language is to warn them from taking authority where it is not granted. This gets a little complicated, but once again you repeated propaganda out of context.

This is all subjective interpretation. How is it that jesus' opinion on what we should eat is different than god's? How do you know who is right? Does it specifically say that "These rules are for the israelites; please disregard if you live in Michigan or Georgia". To me, these are instances of people manipulating the language to suit their own personal preferences.

You may be right about tattoos. The Bible tells followers not to deface their bodies.

Correct on no sex before marriage

God does not hate homosexuals. He hates the sin, not the sinner. We are all sinners, every single one of us.

So he didn't really mean the part about stoning your daughter if she should lose her virginity before marriage? That's a sin, too.

You should really have a better understanding of the Bible if you're going to try and use it in this manner.

I think I have a better understanding of the bible than most people who claim to follow it's teachings. I understand that it was not intended as an amorphous unspecific guideline. To apply parts of it according to your own personal prejudice, and ignore the rest of it or try to explain it away because it's inconvenient is just hypocrisy.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

Tech Rob, there is no way that anybody in their right mind could justify homosexuality and have a proper moral compass.

Tinkerbells can piss and moan all they want on the streets and in the media and it will always be sick and wrong.

They know this and suffer terribly from inner torment, thats why they lash out all the time to try and force their homo think on society as to gain acceptance.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

If you were to replace the word "gay" with the words "black" or "spanish" or "jewish" or "people with red hair", and anyone with any sense would say that you are a prejudiced person. You are entitled to your opinions, but that's what they are. They're not based on any factual evidence or anything even remotely linked to reality. Maybe hate is too strong a word, but should we allow opinions not based in fact determine the course of government policy and alter the course of other peoples' lives? I say absolutely not.
    Parts of the Old Testament are superseded by Christ's teachings in the New Testament. This is often called the New Covenant of Grace. He ended human sacrifice, just to name one thing.

With due respect, you have demonstrated that you know very little about the Bible. It is a complicated book, and one must read and understand it in it's entirety to know it's true meanings. Your comments strike me as propaganda that you pulled off of a blog with a very clear agenda; they are used out of context in an attempt to support a specific position. This is frequently done by clever individuals to rally the uninformed to join their cause.

There are many members here with an excellent understanding of The Bible, so comments like yours above don't do much for your credibility. You have every right to discuss the Bible here, but it would serve you well to spend some time within it's pages first to gain a better understanding of it.

Those who charge us Christians with forcing our morality on everyone else are guilty of the same. First of all Christians do make the claim that absolute moral values exist and that the Bible is the Word Of God and the resource for those values.

Those who take the opposite view that there are no absolute values have a series of problems. For example;

If there are no absolute moral values then moral values if you have them are just your personal opinion. Therefore, you can't say my Christian values are wrong or even intolerant because you believe morality is just opinion anyway.

Since all legal systems consist of laws, regulations and limitations on our actions and now even what we can say, someone's moral values are being codified and enforced via government. Therefore morality is already being forced on all of us. Murder is a moral issue and is against the law. Stealing is a moral issue and is against the law. Now we have "hate crimes" which are also a moral issue (opinion) and are against the law.

So, morality is already being forced on all of us. So, it is not a matter of forcing morality, it is a matter of whose moral opinion are we going to force?

Hugh
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

A person's ethnicity is not a choice in any way, so your comparisons are completely out of line. Even if homosexuallity were not a choice, it is still a choice to openly flaunt a livestyle that should be as private as any other sexual lifestyle. You don't see me running around in above the knee robes shouting about poking ladies in the belly button, do you? OK then, I don't need to know what other men prefer to do with one another either.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

You completely miss the point of the OP Rob. The point is that these companies are spending profit money they made selling there goods to straight folks to promote the gay agenda such as gay marriage, gays adopting and raising kids, in your face gay parades with public nudity, men kissing in public and in uniform of the military, etc., etc.

I don't care for them using the profits of my purchases to subsidize the gay life style or legal challenges to our laws for maintaining a family friendly society. I hope you can understand this. I am not for locking them all up but I will have to admit I wish they would go back into the closet where they belong IMO. Thank you, thank you very much
    Barry Goldwater

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast