Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Believe me, this customer has no qualms about paying. I wish i had 10 more like him.

If you look at the video, you'll see the vibration from the rooftop is shaking the condensing unit so we're going to change out the rooftop unit. Besides the fact that the thing shakes like a 3-legged dog pooping on a frozen lake, the replacement parts are either unavailable or so expensive it doesn't make sense to throw that into this dinosaur.

I like the idea of putting rubber feet under the condenser fan motor.
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

Use these on the little guy.

Let me clarify that I have never used isolators from shielding earthquake like mounting surfaces from equipment since it is usually used for keeping the device from vibrating the mounting surface... A weak shaking roof may not have the same results lol
    "I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it."
    Benjamin Franklin, 1766

Put the condensing unit on spring and forgot the rooftop

Condenser isnt heavy enough for springs. You figure 4 spring that can hold 50lbs apiece, the unit will have to be over 200lbs for them to work properly. Otherwise it will make it rigid, just 3 inches higher. That is why i put rubber feet underneath.
    The rooftop, Jonnyb, is shaking everything. If you see in the video, though, the freezer condenser is the closest to it so it's taking the brunt of it. I'm changing out the rooftop because besides the vibration problem, it has other issues.
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

Yes change the rooftop is the solution

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Is it feasable to just relocate the condensing unit another 10ft from the Trane? Should take less than a day to extend the lineset and electric.
    I'm suprised the evap coil utubes on the a/c hasn't started to leak. That was common in those units
    from the looks that trane has long done its duty and that things gotta make noise in the building

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12