follett LC12 ice makers

follett LC12 ice makers

Okay what is the secret to these puppies?

We have a number of these machines and they are always tripping on overcurrent (M20 LED) We have cleaned them checked them and checked the amps which often never get to the listed shut off point. There appear to be no binds in the system and we have even changed the ice hose which wasn't kinked but could find no other reason for this. As always, any help is appreciated

Did you just run cleaner thru them or completely disassemble the auger/evaporator? I was instructed by Follett to clean the evap with a green scrubbing pad soaked in regular ice machine cleaner. Nicklesafe will not clean their machines properly.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

we have pulled the auger to make sure everything was clean. Made sure the auger wasn't dragging on the evap because of bad bearings. Replaced the bearings on one and it still does it. Not the Hoshizaki cleaner though right? Don't want to eat it up. When I get in Monday I'll strip it down again and try a find scotch brite pad and cleaner and polish the evap. They seem to be VERY sensitive to the amps and there is no grace zone. Not easy like the hoshi. Thanks for the tip!

Yes the Hoshi cleaner. Not the Manitowoc cleaner. Follet tech support told me specificaly not to use nickelsafe.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Could it be the wheel in the ice bin? I just replaced one where the wheel assembly in the bin that feeds the auger self destructed. The whole motor and gearbox got skewed off center and the plastic wheel just got torn apart. The wheel motor had enough torque to turn the wheel when the bin was close to empty but not when all that weight was on it.

When I pull it apart to clean it I was going to check the gear box and drive as well. It only makes a couple pellets before it trips though.

Is the compression ring in correctly?

Replace the gear box...