Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    I find more people taking up two parking spaces presumably in order to protect their expensive vehicles from dings.

I find that annoying, especially when there are few parking spaces.

Today I noticed a parking enforcement officer giving a ticket to a vehicle parked in two spaces. I asked them about the legality of that, and the guy gave the car a second ticket for not having fed the second meter, too.

Overtime parking tickets in Seattle are about $60.00. Each.

Seattle Pioneer

On the flip side, sometimes I find the parking spaces in some lots are smaller than in others. I can barely open my van door. In this case, I am guilty of taking two spots, especially when the car next to you is right on the line.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

I usually take 2 spots, but of course I suck at dring and am even worse at parking.

I dont like being cramped. So I park where I can open my vehicle doors and load ladders, etc. without hitting anyone else around me.

If this means I park farther out ... so be it. I get paid by the hour anyway.

I've parked mighty far away in some cases, only to have someone park on the right side of the van (when there's open spots all around). Gotta love it.
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

I like to find a spot next to the handicapped spot so nobody can park on the port side of my van. Otherwise, a loading zone or whatever, sometimes, no choice. Parking downtown Chicago is a nightmare. Like R12 says, I get paid by the hour!
    R2B4BTU

I had a 250 Econoline van that was too short to take up one parking space. Whenever I parked in a lot, I had to find a sopt where no one was parked on either side, then drive all the way forward, and when my front was right in line with the other cars parked next to me, my back end still hung way over the space behined me.

Originally posted by workhorse
    I suck at dring

looks like you suck at typing too. just kidding

I used to have a crappy small car and I loved sqeezing in beside someone taking 2 spaces at the front of the lot. I'd just squeeze in the line leaving only a few inches between my car and their driver's door. I didn't care if they scratched it or dinged it, one more wouldn't make a difference. I never did this to someone at the back of the lot. If you need to take 2 spaces, just do it further out.
    Never knock on Death's door. Ring the bell and run, he hates that.

Views expressed here are my own and not neccessarily those of any company I am affiliated with.

Reminds me of a story my Mom told years ago. Staying in a nice hotel with full parking lot. Some fancy custom van is parked diagnolly across 2 stalls. She's riding up the elevator and some loudmouth is complaining about his new van getting keyed! Guess he got taught a lesson about hogging an extra stall in a packed lot.

Once at a school where I was doing some service work a lady decided to back in next to my van. I was at the rear of the van with the doors open getting some tools together, and this broad backs right into my right rear door (of course the one closest to me) and puts a nice white racing stripe and dent in the quarter panel of her dark green minivan. She jumps out and proceeds to blame ME for her running into my parked van. No damage to my door luckily. After seeing I had no damage I said SEEYA! It was fun watching her squirm while telling her husband on the cellphone what had happened. She just couldn't wait the extra seconds it would have taken for me to close my doors.

Originally posted by craig1
    Originally posted by workhorse
    I suck at dring

looks like you suck at typing too. just kidding
    I swear there was an I & V in there. OK WHO STOLE MY I AND V.

I assume this was about when you are not working. I park far away and 50% of the time some idiot will still park next to you with 10 empty spots on each side.

People that take up two spots are just jerks just like the ones that don't know how to park and make it where you don't want to park next to them.

What cops ought to do is take their drug dogs into these lots and have them go over the idiots that park on the lines with the Grateful Dead bumper stickers on their Volkswagens.

People with kids that swing the doors wildly open the second they stop should be jailed and their kids shot with a taser gun.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast