Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ace065 View Post
    Installer is putting in new condenser unit this weekend. I will be there to help with heavy lifting....nothing else. As a final gesture of my loving support for you hvac guys, after my guy has installed the unit, I will place a large number of C-notes in his warm, sweaty palm.

I pay cash. I know he, as well as all of you would do, will make sure Uncle Sam gets his share.
    I hope he is also installing a matching 410a coil to go along with that condenser

Question- How important is matching coil to condenser seer rating? If coil is higher than condenser in seer, what, if any, is different from matching seers?

Nope cat Installing R22 unit since my coil is just over 4 years old. Don't mind throwing money up a wild hog's a**, but not in this case. And not interested in hearing what a mistake I am making, unless you want to pay for it. Anyway, I am relying on my professional hvac man to lead and guide me down the path of reason and equity. (I kinda like the sound of that.)

Quote Originally Posted by ace065 View Post
    Question- How important is matching coil to condenser seer rating? If coil is higher than condenser in seer, what, if any, is different from matching seers?
    I don't think the evaporator coil determines seer rating. There is no such thing as a 13 Seer or any other efficiency rated indoor coil. Indoor coils do not determine overall efficiency.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

I had a new high efficiency furnace and evaporator coil installed almost 5 years ago. At the time, the condenser unit was about 5 years old, so I decided to keep it. It was a 10 seer unit. My installer at that time is also replacing my condenser unit tomorrow and he is the one who told me I have a 13 seer coil. Hence my question about efficiency. How much more efficient will the 13 seer be over the 10 seer?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12