Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

suction line cold but box does not reach temp

Hello,
    So I'm dealing with a reach-in cooler 134a that is not reaching temp lowest it goes is 49, my high side is at 320 and low side at 20, my suction line is cold and sweating. maybe restricted cap tube or drier?
    Edit/Delete Message

Did you mean 320psi high side if so on 134a with a 20# suction I would think u are overcharged with a restriction. I've met people who will overcharge to force up suction pressure for temporary fixes that become permanent. You be best to pull the charge purge the system with some nitrogen replace cap and drier and weigh in the name plate charge. You may get lucky and the compressor will make another year.

I removed the cap tube and filter tomorrow I will be installing new ones after I purge the system. if this doesn't work i don't know what else it could be...compressor? I dont under stand how the suction line was so cold and discharge nice and hot box would not go under 48degrees

320 head on 134a you have a problem... it won't work.... unplug it or order a new pump
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

[QUOTE=jmo90280;13339301]I removed the cap tube and filter

Did you seal the system up for overnight ?

I knew I forgot something.. I didnt after took the parts off I headed to the supply house thinking I was going to get the parts today..Newbie mistake ...If I pull a really good vacuum u think i might be ok?

U will need pull the compressor and change the oil its poe oil u will never get the moisture out of that oil u will need to pour it into something and measure it then pour the new oil back in.

I put the oil back in through the discharge right?

The suction

i am not so convinced on this poe and moisture thing..... i have lots run out of refrigerant...new drier evacuation.... charge it up..... send the bill.... everyone happy
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Quote Originally Posted by jmo90280 View Post
    I put the oil back in through the discharge right?
    oh man..... I need a beer...lol

jpsmith1cm is offline Global Moderator/AOP Committee
    Quote Originally Posted by carmon View Post
    i am not so convinced on this poe and moisture thing..... i have lots run out of refrigerant...new drier evacuation.... charge it up..... send the bill.... everyone happy
    This is why.

Evacuation will not remove moisture from POE oil, but a proper drier will.

This assumes that the oil was not left open to the atmosphere for an extended period of time.

POE oil permanently changes when exposed to moisture.

i agree ........ I have a bazillion driers in the truck since poe surfaced

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast