Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry

Hi all.

As I just registered here, I felt I should say something. I first of all hope to get some good feedback/answers from all of you on this forum, if needed. Anyway, I live in the Las Vegas area. A couple weeks back I had a new Lennox two-stage HSX19 19 SEER condenser and matching G60V variable speed furnace/blower system installed. It replaced a 20 year old York basic A/C system that was put in when the house was built. The new system seems to cool fine now, but cycles frequently off and on in our recent 100-113 degree temps, usually at the lowest fan speed/stage. I believe my indoor humidity levels are higher than desired, running between 40-50% recently. Is there a way to have the unit de-humidify to a lower % level, such as between maybe 25% to 35% indoor humidity?? I think the previous old York single stage unit that was replaced with this one had resulted in lower humidity levels indoors. So,can an adjustment be made to the thermostat(Honeywell Vision Pro) or the blower unit to affect indoor humidity levels somewhat? Thanks in advance for any help with this!!
    -Ken

"Inspect what you Expect"

40% to 50% is a good range.
    How was the humidity with the old system?
    Do you have actual numbers or are you guessing because the new stat shows RH%?

Was a load calc ran on the home?

No load calc done, other than from saying the previous unit was supposedly a 3 ton, which is what they said was appropriate. It is a 1,165 sq.ft. single level house.

Ken

I don't know anything about the Honeywell thermostat but, when I install Variable speed Lennox furnaces I always install a Lennox Signature stat, it can be set to dehumidify several different ways. It will not go below 43% though. If the Honeywell does not have a precision dehumidification setting consider switching to the Sig stat. If you are at 40% you are doing pretty good though.

There are two versions of the Honeywell VisonPro. One has the humidity control and one doesnt.

Why do you want your humidity below 40%?

Being Vegas, I just like air a little drier, but still cool. The cool air that flows out of the duct just has the 'feel' of a little more dampness compared to the previous older unit. Maybe I'm off base if this is a normal level.

3 ton for 1165sq'?? kinda big to me. there's you humidity issue.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

in most cases unless your house has alot of outside air penetration id say your oversized then again im from florida and i think it gets alot hotter there if i recall correctly

what is temp set at? if you set temp lower does it seam cooler & less humidity. also is the t-stat setup for two-stage and board in setup for same. which t-stat was installed? how much water is coming out of condensate line?

Well, your humidity numbers seems OK

http://www.air-conditioner-selection...er-sizing.html

Are you feeling comfortable? Is your house insulated well? Any source of infiltration?

Originally posted by kvr
    Hi all.

The new system seems to cool fine now, but cycles frequently off and and on in our recent 100-113 degree temps

-Ken

"Inspect what you Expect"

Is it cycling off in 2nd stage or 1st stage? If it's 1st stage, It sounds like the system is over sized.

The 100 range is your normal high this time of year, and it should be running steady in 1st stage and cycling back to 2nd as needed.

Sorry. Maybe I am confusing the condenser stages/cycles. I mean to say the unit starts up and runs (at the the lower fan speed) from anywhere from 6-10 minutes, and is then off for about 10-15 minutes between run those cycles. So, is the lower fan speed then speed considered stage 2, not stage 1??

Originally posted by kvr
    Sorry. Maybe I am confusing the condenser stages/cycles. I mean to say the unit starts up and runs (at the the lower fan speed) from anywhere from 6-10 minutes, and is then off for about 10-15 minutes between run those cycles. So, is the lower fan speed then speed considered stage 2, not stage 1??
    sounds oversized to me. it's not running long enough to remove the humidity.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast