Define residential.

Post Likes
    Sure.
    Multiaqua
    Dankin mcquay.....
    “It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are.”

- E.E. Cummings

Post Likes
    A Single Family Home Up To 3 Stories, Usually Under 5 Tons Of Cooling. Generally Stick Frame. Not The McMansion's, Just An Average Home.

Post Likes
    How Do You Like Them? Have You Had Any Negative Experiences With Them? What Is Your Preferred Brand?

Post Likes
    York made this one in 2005, don't know if they still market it. If that doesn't work you could always try this.

Post Likes
    10 ton Trane but they are expensive 2-5 Ton scroll compressors. Some old mansions in the South have them. Need only one outside unit (5'x4'x4h') and can pipe a 1 1/2 " water lines wherever you want. knock yourself out. Have a cool mint jullip there Chase. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."

"I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Sen. Barry Goldwater

Post Likes
    Make one!

We used to service a customer (PITA) with a wine cellar. Just a standard 2 ton outdoor unit feeding a little chiller barrel. Then the chilled water was piped to a fan coil in the cellar. We first replaced the old Whirlpool condenser with a 7A0024 American Standard then replaced the chiller barrel later.

I think that York link is another company who buys York outdoor units and puts on a kit and sells to dry cleaners. What they need chilled water for I don't know. They advertise in the trade magazines too.

http://www.packagedchiller.com/ here's another one.
    http://www.aquaproducts.us/chillers/...-chillers.html

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Make one!

We used to service a customer (PITA) with a wine cellar. Just a standard 2 ton outdoor unit feeding a little chiller barrel. Then the chilled water was piped to a fan coil in the cellar. We first replaced the old Whirlpool condenser with a 7A0024 American Standard then replaced the chiller barrel later.

I think that York link is another company who buys York outdoor units and puts on a kit and sells to dry cleaners. What they need chilled water for I don't know. They advertise in the trade magazines too.

http://www.packagedchiller.com/ here's another one.
    http://www.aquaproducts.us/chillers/...-chillers.html
    They need chilled water to run through the condencer for the refrigeration unit that condences the perk.
    “It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are.”

- E.E. Cummings

Post Likes

Post Likes
    How about a rack system of old water fountains??!!

Post Likes
    http://www.ritetemp.com

Capacities down to two tons. Three phase standard but single phase on request. They have coil in tank heat exchange which makes them less sensitive to variations in flow; we've even seen them freeze-up to the point of no flow without permanent damage.

Post Likes
    look into geothermal companies. www.waterfurnace.com for instance makes units with VERY wide operating ranges. Their Envision NSW and NDW units are water-to-water systems (1.5 to 15 Tons) that can be configured in pretty much any way imaginable, and operate over pretty much any temp range. They are enclosed in a relatively simple 'box', with power, control, and water connections. Can be mounted pretty much anywhere.

Post Likes
    Thank You Guys For The Information. CraziFuzzy, Do You Know How Well The Geothermal Works With Radiant?(Heating And Cooling)

Post Likes
    I don't have direct experience with it, but geothermal should work as well with radiant as it would with anything else. It's just moving heat, so the smaller the difference between evap and condenser, the easier it is to move said heat. If the ground is warmer than the air, it will heat better than an air source unit. If the ground is colder than the air, it will cool better than an air source unit.

Not sure I agree with doing any sort of 'radiant cooling' though...

Post Likes
    Aqua Products, and several others.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in