Thread: question of carrier vs. trane when is comes to the -ilities

Post Likes
    reliability
    maintainability
    serviceability

wanting to hear the good, the bad and the ugly.

Post Likes
    You will get as many different answers as their are people who sell the two brands. Both are quality pieces of equipment, each offer a full line of equipment from builder grade to deluxe. While brand does sometimes matter because some brands offer different features, primarily controls, that others do not, the real secret to all the ilities is the installation. The best product in the world installed poorly will give poor service and the cheapest in the world installed properly will give good service.

If these are the two you are trying to decide between, look for the one that has the features you want and then find the quality contractor to install it.
    If all else fails....Try reading the directions!

Tell it like it is and let the chips fall where they may.

Any views or opinions stated here are strictly my own.

gto boy Guest
    We sell both Infinity beats anything Trane has,Xl series is nice on Trane. I feel furnaces and fan coils are alittle behind.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    Originally posted by gto boy
    We sell both Infinity beats anything Trane has,Xl series is nice on Trane. I feel furnaces and fan coils are alittle behind.
    I agree.

Post Likes
    Goodman all the way if you want quality and dependability, although I have Carrier on my home I wished I would have bought Goodman now, but hey live and learn.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

Post Likes
    run away from goodman unless you can fix them yoursel trane and carrier both great same as BMW vs Lexus no real difference both very good id go trane xv90 and xl16i i like the scroll better then the recip in the 19i

Post Likes
    also go with a heat pump with the furnace forvthe hybrid heat

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in