Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Originally posted by thomefan2579
    if your not a dealer[/B]
    The key. When you purchase high end equipment, the manufacturer, no, not a distributor, wants to know who is servicing it.
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

i just hate them when i was in the field trying to find out info and it takes time i do not have every other brand takes like 5 minutes tops to get info ive been with a lennox dealer before and it is just a pain just my opinion

I carry a laptop with the latest copy of "Davenet Unplugged". Engineering and application data on equipment manufactured for the past 25 yrs. or so. Also "repair parts" with all the particulars on replacement parts for the equipment. Smooth sailing.

I've called tech support only a couple of times. The wait time was less that the time it took to get an authorization back when I was doing home warranty work. Talk about a wait! But that's a whole 'nother story.
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

but most lennox even new is junk and ordering parts is a pain in the ass if your not a dealer and if you need info at least a 15min wait on there 800 number pain in the ass

waaaahh waaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaah sounds like the yugo dealer crying cause he can't buy the cadillac parts. lennox does business direct to dealers to keep untrained hacks from working on units they don't know how to fix. such as the pulse.

i can fix anything and everything out there buddy Lennox is a pain in the ass to get parts for. I prefer Tarne and Carrier much better overall product good tech support and have never had any crazy death traps like a pulse which almost put lennox under

[QUOTE]Originally posted by thomefan2579
    i can fix anything and everything out there buddy Lennox is a pain in the ass to get parts for. I prefer Tarne and Carrier much better overall product good tech support and have never had any crazy death traps like a pulse which almost put lennox under [/QUOTE

Lennox never almost went under , get over it .

Bryant/Carrier had a unit that on almost every furnace I went one was cracked. I'm trying to remember the model # but can't.
    Late model green units. Clam shell ht exchgr.
    I could always bet a dime to a dollar on a crack, and come out on top.

You don't like waiting for Lennox parts, jump through the hoops and become a dealer. you'll get better service. Or stay with brands that will sell to anyone over the counter.

You may be able to work on or fix any unit, understanding the sequence of operation is taught at every trade school.
    and they could fix every unit based on that knowledge.

So what does fixing things have to do with liking anybrand, they all work the same.
    Some are just easier to get credit to work with.
    Fix your credit not your knowledge.

[Edited by Toolpusher on 07-12-2006 at 10:30 PM]
    If you try to fail, and succeed.
    Which have you done ?

i can fix anything and everything out there buddy Lennox is a pain in the ass to get parts for. I prefer Tarne and Carrier much better overall product good tech support and have never had any crazy death traps like a pulse which almost put lennox under

thats the point, if you are not a dealer its supposed to be a pain in the ass to get parts. if you are not trained for their units they don't want you working on it. being a lennox dealer we could not even buy a pulse till we went to school for them.

i can fix anything and everything out there buddy Lennox is a pain in the ass to get parts for. I prefer Tarne
    He maybe be able to fix any Trane (tarne) but he sure don't know the spelling of it.
    If you try to fail, and succeed.
    Which have you done ?

putting all the bickering and asumsion aside
    there was never a recall on the pulse furnace. it was an inspection program set up by lennox at thier own doing.
    they relized a 1 percent failor rate in the pulse heat exchangers cause by out side pulitaints adhearing to a certain welding compond used on only a certain few heat exchanger. after all was said and done it still turned out to be a 2 percent rate. they also stopped using that welding compond and the hx with the other compond used are still intacked.
    i found in most of the tests i preformed the pulse furnace was not set up properly or maintained propely and these two reasons were the biggest for most of the failed heat exchangers i replaced. high gas presure was the biggest problem. guys not knowing the unit setting it at 3.5 instead of leaving it at 2.0
    the first that came out were higher before it is said at 4.0
    best furnace ever made at 97 percent. also if you are used to or know how to work on them they are the easyest to repair and have a simplicty design imo
    keep the furnace, have it service buy a trained lennox tech and relax.

I have worked for Lennox dealers and LIKE the pulse furnace, have no problem with servicing them and found if properly installed they were very reliable and efficient. My next comment is that everything does have a life span and I would say that a modern furnace that has been in use for almost 20 years has served you well. If the rest of the system were in good condition I would just have it serviced, pressure tested and keep the furnace. If the ac system has gone south then I would have a lennox dealer pressure test the furnace, you may get lucky and it will fail, but even if it passes the test I would replace the entire system.

Lennox pulse

have a customer with a Pulse who has had a a coil leak into the main compartment. Rust has built up inside the ellectrical and burner area. I have suggested it should be replaced but she insisted that it still works fine. I am not too familiar with the pulse but seeing it in this shape what can I suggest futher? I will be replacing the coil in a few days. I tried to suggest anothe furnace with no evail.

Richard
    Ask your customer to provide you with date of the last pressure test. It MUST be tested every 4 years, this is very important for safe operation. The kit provides a sticker to record the date of the test on the furnace. If this sticker isn't on the furnace I would bet the furnace hasn't been tested. The pulse furnace is still a good unit if it is properly serviced.

I was dealing with Pulse's when this program (recall) came about. I don't remember if there was a time limit on the program or not, but it consisted of performig the pressure test, and then based on the results, there were several options that were made available to you, including replacement of the Pulse furnace. Why don't you contact the original installing contractor if the furnace was already in place, and find out if it has been checked? If in doubt, call the code enforcement department and find out who did the original install. A 19 year old of any sort should be considered for replacement. The Pulse was one of the best in their day, but there are much better available today. all the best, John.
    Everyone has a purpose in life..........even if it's to be a bad example.

Seek first to understand, before seeking to be understood.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast