Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    FWIW In my opinion the Pulse is the most reliable furnace I've seen. Most of the people that I know who knock them are the non dealers or otherwise don't understand how to service them. Get the test, if it fails, you get the warranty credit, if it passes at least you know and can make an informed decision.

The time limit on the free testing has expired, but the warranty is still good. The furnace had a lifetime warranty on the heat exchanger for the original residential owner and 20 years otherwise.

wirenut, thanks for clarification. Lifetime warranty on primary and secondary heat exchangers, but I did not know the status of the program, i.e. expired, etc. If the program is no longer in effect, then I would suggest a professional contractor perform service of the system and determine the integrity of the system.

I agree that the PULSE design was one of the best that has ever come along. It is a shame that the problems that occurred, that were somewhat localized and not national resulted in the demise of this unique and extremely reliable and efficient design.
    Everyone has a purpose in life..........even if it's to be a bad example.

Seek first to understand, before seeking to be understood.

We still test lots of them but the service is not covered under the program just bill it at regular rates, usually takes me about an hour to complete the test and flapper valve replacement. The warranty is a bit more complicated now because of abuse of the system. At first you just mailed Lennox the Id plate with mn and sn and they sent you a replacement furnace. NOW you must return the complete furnace and then they ship you a replacement unit after they confirm that the exchanger is defective. You...the customer must pay shipping on both units. I wonder if they really test the return units.

We used to be a Lennox dealer seen them pass seen they fail with the sorry ass test Lennox has.I say peace of mind is the answer.Be safe not sorry.

OK here is the deal I pump it up to 4PSI and it must hold for 10 min. if their is any pressure left half a pound or what ever it passes.Kind of having to fill your tire every week and your machanic saying to youYes sir you dont have a leak this is normal.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123