Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    What can anyone tell me about the field in Colorado? Looking at CO as a possible move in the near future.

seriously...help a brother out w/ some info.

We have 4 seasons here. Good heating and cooling market. Below 0 in winter, over 100 in summer.

Do you have a particular area of interest or are you gonna live in the whole state?
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Gee. Timmay, if I were you I would get 6 or 7 trucks and start your own little business in Colorado. Look into cleaning up in the Ft.Morgan area. It is a nice little town about 80 miles east of Denver.

Heck yea! I know of one for sale. I'm moving to a place called Benncoolton.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

east of denver!?!?! You got one for sale?

right now we've been looking in the Ft Collins area and also the SW region of the state. 2 extremes, no rhyme or reason to location other than some city research and the urge to live in Colorado.

Background info.

Greeley is the fastest growing city in the US.

Loveland is close enough to work in greeley, ft. collins, even denver and the mountains, like Estes Park and Drake. Look up Loveland.
    Walter Matthau

theres a lot of house for sale in my price range. nice old houses too. Can't find much info on the town itself.

I live in Larimer county (tighta$$e$ up here)Work in Boulder/Denver area as for Greeley if you can stand the smell you might make it there!

I'm just saying If I was to start over, I would go to Loveland, young man......

Great fishing, friendly town, at the edge of the Rockies.

from there you could work alot of very prosperous towns, including Greality.

[I wouldn't work anywhere near the Peoples Republic of Boulder for any kind of money, I would leave the state first]
    Walter Matthau

Hey Spotts I'm far from young but I'll take that as a compliment , I do live in Loveland and yes I agree it's centrally located to work the northern front range. If I didn't work for PRB (peoples republic of boulder) I would live up in Drake but thats too far especially when on call.
    as far as working in PBR if they want to pay me that much I'll take it and run back to Larimer County everynight.

Actually Loveland and Ft Collins have been the meter that we've been judging everything else against. when we first started talking about this Loveland was the first choice. the move fell to the wayside as we needed to make a local move first.

I work eastern Kansas now, hot and humid. Is there a lot of AC/heating work there? It's a dry state so I've always wondered about the differences in system functions and pressures. Is knowledge in refrigeration a help in getting work?

I used to work in weather like CO and it liked to kill me. I finally burned and ended up in New Mexico. Central high mesa.

Winter design temp 16deg. EZ. Summer design 96. A little warm but cool nights.

The last time I was driving thru Denver it was Christmas Eve I think 1999 and it was 25deg below with a 40mph wind and me and this cop were the only ones I saw on the highway.
    I finally realized if I broke down I was screwed.

I found a dinner.

In most other occupations CO=OK but in this business it just hurts.

Real pretty place to visit.
    Tracers work both ways.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast