Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    to begin with i am an electrician by trade with the basic refrigration knowledge i have a copeland scroll that is running a head pressure of 375-400 and suction 90-100 cools great until about 11 or 12 (alabama temps) have cleaned both coils and chanhged filters compressor has never been changed (so i am told) if this is the case i cant see how i could have a blockage any suggestions

have you considered hiring someone with more than basic knowledge?

if i need electric done above my basic knowledge, i call an electrician.

just for kicks check your superheat and subcool and amps also temps across evap and condenser and then post it again then maybe you will get better help on problem with unit

billva i have already recommended that but it takes a 3 months just to get cleared just to work where i am at normal hvac tech just came in and quit one day

chillerout1 my superheat was high like 32 degrees a mechanical engineer on base recomended pulling all refigrant out and re charging so that is what i had to do i recharged using superheat method stopped at 20 degrees everything was find until mid morning then temp went from 68 at 930 to 89 at 1230 i am thinking a duct problem but they dont want to believe that

1st Don't let the government jam you up. I do a lot of gov work ( a lot more in years past as they are a large pain ) The problem is their's. You just need to make that clear as it sounds like they are dumping here and putting their problem on you.

How you don't let this happen is long ago and far away I worked for a mechanical engineer and when something liked this happened where it really was not his problem he would say " I'm just not smart enough to solve YOUR problem so your just going to tell me how to do it.

They need a HVAC person. Don't take it on yourself. When they have suffered enough they will get the clue. IT sounds like their security issues are being dumped on you.
    Tracers work both ways.

hvacker you are right it is ll getting dumped on me so they can save abuck and try to make me do both ill call my union rep and let him handle it

keep in mind that is a ctritcal charge and everytime you put guages on it your loosing the tonnage(gas)that head is still too high!dirt might be packed within the coil did you use an acid based condenser cleaner.that suction needs to be 70-75 PSI with a hot room and drops as the room cools down.if there is a squirrel cage for the condenser ckeck those rounds on it might be rounded off with dirt! http://www.marvair.com/modindex.htm

[Edited by maxster on 07-12-2006 at 08:46 PM]
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

my pressures are good like 75/265 until around 11 the go to like 90/350 no i did not use acid based cleaner it is not allowed to be used where i work just water

from the AM to the PM what the days temp rise outside ..your condenser is dirty still...how about a bottle of fantastic poured straight down the coil.LL must be cookin' with that head.
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

am was about 80 about 1130 it was atleast 95 then take into account the black asphault 5' under the unit yeAH I agree that the coil is still dirty and i cant even spray as much as 409 that u would use in your house its crazy that is probably why the last guy quit and it is a 4ton unit on duct work that in my opinion is undersized

Hey Man, Those pressure's sound very high a good pressure is 70 suction and 250 head pressure, I would almost bet this unit goes out on high head pressure in the aternoon, get an HVAC guy to come check this thing out,

Originally posted by freddie
    Hey Man, Those pressure's sound very high a good pressure is 70 suction and 250 head pressure, I would almost bet this unit goes out on high head pressure in the aternoon, get an HVAC guy to come check this thing out,
    "Good Pressure"? The pressures fluctuate according to what many different factors are, to state that any pressure is "good" is only relevant if you know what the conditions are.

Example: Would the given pressures be good on a 95* ambient and indoor dry bulb temp of 87*?

<CoughoverchargedCough>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast