Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trane X15I Install Advice

New here, great forum with lots of good info. I'm ready to replace my failing Lennox AC that is matched up with a Lennox Pulse propane furnace that was installed when we built the house in 1987. I would like to keep my Pulse furnace even though it is quite old. My H&A contractor did my load calculations and has suggested the following: Trane XL15I (2.5 Ton Heat pump) with coil TXB042. The propane heat will be set up to operate when the outside temp gets too cold for the heat pump to be effective. I need a quite and dependable set up. I'm located in the triad of North Carolina and have 2300 sf heated area. Does this sound like a proper set up? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Ken

Correction, I believe the coil # is 4TXCB042. Come on guys, so many views and no Help??

Sorry, I'm not a Trane guy.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

It does sound right Trane uses bigger coils to acheive the seer rating although in your case it is not needed because without a ecm motor you will not get 15 seer .they are probably using it because it matches the width of your furnace ,i would scrap that old pulse and get a xv95 furnace or a xt 95

Here ya go.
    outdoor --- indoor coil --- --- -- AHRI --- ---- SEER --- total --- sens ----- KW
    4TTX5030A1 --- 4TXCB042BC3 --- 1420059 --- 13.75 --- 29.60 --- 21.90 --- 2.57

So yes its a proper match.
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

I would like to keep my Pulse furnace even though it is quite old.

I guess you collect antiques. If the furnace is quite old then the time to change it is while your changing the AC. If you wait and it craps out two years down the road the extra expense of another install will be significantly higher than adding the cost of a new furnace and a small amount more labor to change it now.

Ok crymtide,
    If I were to replace the pulse with a Trane propane furnace, what would be the best match up with the XL15I (4TTX5030A1) and 4TXCB042BC3 coil set up?

There are matchups that will get you 15.25 SEER, however we need to know your furnace size.

jimj,
    The tag on the Lennox pulse air states 80,000 BTU. It is a single speed blower. My plan was to keep the Lennox as back up to the heat pump. Do I really need to replace the Lennox now?

Better now then in the middle of the winter when its too cold outside for the heat pump to heat the house.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Better now then in the middle of the winter when its too cold outside for the heat pump to heat the house.

Just curious, but have you been having the Pulse furnace pressure tested regularly to verify that the heat exchanger doesn't leak?
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Mark,
    Not in the last few years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast