ARI directory the only way to match coils etc?
    The ARI directory seems very limited on options with many of the systems I have tried searches on. I only found one combo for York Affinity 3s 3 ton and a PV8 furnace, and it was the B size box with 1600 cfm blower and smallest btu rating of 80,000. Is there another directory of combinations (not the CEE which is even more limited), or is that something only the manufacturer has?

ARI is the bible.

Learn it, live it, love it.

Originally posted by danglerb
    The ARI directory seems very limited on options with many of the systems I have tried searches on. I only found one combo for York Affinity 3s 3 ton and a PV8 furnace, and it was the B size box with 1600 cfm blower and smallest btu rating of 80,000. Is there another directory of combinations (not the CEE which is even more limited), or is that something only the manufacturer has?

This is Turtle.

There is something here that your missing out on. The ARI ratings is a rating of a system that will give the seer rating of the condenser unit and for ever ARI rating they have there is probley 10 combinations of the units that will work fine but not get the seer rating. i can take any 2 ton condenser of a certain brand and put any number of other brands on it of the inside units above 2 tons and make them run fine. i can take a 2 ton Rheem 13 seer condenser and put it on a 5 ton Rheem evaperator coil and have the right flow rater or TXV on it and make it run just fine but I will not have a seer rating for it from ARI. The ARI just list the system match up's that will get the seer rating by using a certain set up of the evaperator coil with the blower and condenser unit.

I have on my house a 1981 model 8 seer 3.5 ton builders model Rheem condenser unit and a 5 ton Arocoaire evaperator coil with a no bleed TXV and a 5 ton Arcoaire gas furnce with 100,000 btu rated heat running on high speed. By my estimates it is running atleast a 14 seer level for the amount of the drop in the electric bill from a 13 seer matching system that I had on the system before it. The 13 seer rated system run me $250.00 a month on my electric bill on the 3 hottest months and this odd ball combo now get my electric bill down to $200.00 a month. ARI does not rate this combo i have now but i like it and will run it till it droppers.

So The ARI rating listed is just the combos that will get the seer rating it states on the condenser unit but as to other combos working. The list is endless as to the combos that will work fine but not have a ARI rating for the SEER Rating.

ARI rating is just for how cheap it will run at and nothing more. Combination that will work together is endless.

TURTLE

Turtle,

If I recall correctly, you are in a humid climate. This is very impressive. If you ever had extra high humidity, you could run a seperate dehumidifier and your system is still more efficient (1.5 ton larger indoor coil than outdoor unit).