Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: I Finally Quit

Day 6 And Feeling Fine

Well, The last six days have been great. I got a raise. I checked my bank account for the first time in 2 months and found that I have enough money to take the Family to Hawaii for 2 weeks. Of course, my inital thought with all this good news I should go out and celebrate. Yesterday, I did celebrate, I went out and bought a 24oz can of Rockstar, when I got home I went swimming with the kids, played Volley ball after that, ate a huge dinner, took the wife and kids out for ice cream, watched TV, read the big book and knocked out with a smile on my face.
    Do as I say, not as I do

Re: Day 6 And Feeling Fine

Originally posted by tech_support007
    Well, The last six days have been great. I got a raise. I checked my bank account for the first time in 2 months and found that I have enough money to take the Family to Hawaii for 2 weeks. Of course, my inital thought with all this good news I should go out and celebrate. Yesterday, I did celebrate, I went out and bought a 24oz can of Rockstar, when I got home I went swimming with the kids, played Volley ball after that, ate a huge dinner, took the wife and kids out for ice cream, watched TV, read the big book and knocked out with a smile on my face.
    Dang, three more days and I'll have enough $ to go to Hawaii? This sober business is for me! Day four is almost under my belt. Feels great.I actually sleep better sober believe it or not.
    Luke 6:31

Thumbs up Small Steps. Mean Big rewards...

I would tell you some stories about addition to drugs in Germany, but, all I will say to you is this.

Live life, strive to become a better man without drinking and don't feel bad, just try and stay focused toward your goal..

Take small steps to achieve the goal you set for yourself.

Don't worry about what others say about what you did while you were drinking, that's the past; the future is always the new road to a better life you are concerned with.

Good Luck ! May your future be bright..

<<<Aircooled>>>
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

Very best of luck. I haven't had a drink in years, best move I ever made in my life. Needed help to quit, but in time sobriety becomes a habit too. Keep going to those meetings, you'll meet some wonderful people. Use their support because it can be a bit of a roller-coaster at first.
    Question authority!

Tech. Take it a day at a time. Be careful not to suddenly see things through rose colored glasses. Go to AA. GET a SPONSOR! Call him. He will probably call you often. Let your family know you may need to speak to these "strangers". This seems unusual, but remember, these are the folks who can relate. Most people can't. It is a world of difference to pick up the phone and chat THAN posting e-mails and waiting for responses. Serenity:-)
    meanwhile, back at the ranch.....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345