Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I Finally Quit

After years of drinking excessively, I finally threw in the towel and gave up drinking. I am now on my third day of sobriety. Man I am in pain, I have a head ache, I havent eaten anything, my stomach hurts. I swear, I hope I never have to go through this ever again. The reason I have brought this to the site is because I am in need of prayers.

Thank You,

Tech
    Do as I say, not as I do

You got mine. I wish you the best in your sober life.

You should attend AA for support. They might lure you into their cult but it sure beats dieing of liver failure.

Keep up the good work!

I lost my second oldest brother 2 years ago and a good friend two weeks ago. Both died of liver failure due to alchoholism. My bro was 44 and my friend was 39.

RIP

[Edited by coolwhip on 07-10-2006 at 07:08 PM]
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

Cool!

I've been sober for 2-1/2 years now. Man do I feeel good!
    Just make sure your doing it for yourself and you really want it. Makes it alot easier that way. Bravo Zulu!
    "Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." -- Mark Twain

hey techsupport, I know how you're feeling. Send me an email My address is with AOL and the name is shaneoakes. you have to put that together or they'll delete it. I'd like to hear from you. If you have nextel, check out the sig line and call me.

Shane

Prayers are with you friend...seek all the support you can both professionally and from friends and family. Bottom line is...YOU CAN DO IT!

I did the same at Christmas.

Quit for months. This book was a lifesaver. http://www.homerecovery.net/ Made sence of what I had done, how I got there and how I fix it. I can actally drink beer again in moderation. Never whiskey again. If you would like, I will lend
    you the book, but I want it returned someday so I can re-lend it. Get some O'Dules........
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

how much is too much?
    I drink around 2-4 beers a day in summer, in winter I drink mostly rum or scotch, I dont think I drink too much and my drinking doent interfere with work or my personal life.

Come on guys, this isn't what he needs to hear right now. Give him breakwould ya

Originally posted by coolwhip

I lost my second oldest brother 2 years ago and a good friend two weeks ago. Both died of liver failure due to alchoholism. My bro was 44 and my friend was 39.

RIP
    Yep lost my oldest brother around that time also same thing, I won't even touch a brew anymore kinda hit to close to home for me, even thought I was one of those one beer a day guys but now I am a no beer a day kinda guy.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Go, Tech, GO!

[Edited by Senior Tech on 07-10-2006 at 10:18 PM]
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Beer or alcohol. It is just a matter if it affects your life or brings out the worst in you. Tech, If something was to happen we are still here as friends. Roy

Easy does it

One day at a time

Honk if you know Bill W

Congrats!

Get yourself to AA, get used to coffee and cigarette smoke!

I wish they had AA for smokers, I would be there in a minute.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast