Thread: Aprilaire 2200

Post Likes
    I will be having an Aprilaire 2200 installed in my new central air. Does this mean that I should not install a filter at my return grill also. If not, doesn't this mean the return flex duct coming back to the air handler will accumulate with dust over time?

Thanks.

Post Likes
    one filter is all you need do not put one in the grill and yes it does mean that unless they are putting one in your main return air grill you would have to ask your contractor about that

Post Likes
    Is one way better than the other, should I tell him to do it a certain way.

Post Likes
    Everybody tells me the filter goes at the air handler and nothing goes in the return grilles. Yes dust is going to collect in the return to some extent, but as long as you have the good filter at the furnace it doesn't get past that.

If two filters is still tempting take a look at a chart of blower power use in watts vs flow resistance (ESP I think its called).

Post Likes
    Originally posted by adkhkr
    Does this mean that I should not install a filter at my return grill also.

If not, doesn't this mean the return flex duct coming back to the air handler will accumulate with dust over time?
    - Yes. One good filter at AHU is sufficient.

- It will accumulate, but you can have it cleaned by professional contractor.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in