Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Appion vs C&D

Quote Originally Posted by fritzhvac View Post
    Hey uzzo2 !!!

With Ball Valves Shut OFF on Appions after you Achieve your Vacuum ,Remove both Vacuum hoses from Suction and Liquid sides , leave Gauge on and Switch it to PSIA , if it can withstand Positive Pressure , slightly crack Service Valve to Break Vacuum , once Gauge shows Positive Pressure you can remove or leave on , put Plunger and Core back into Body with Schraders not tighten completely , barely Crack Ball Valve to have Positve Pressure on that side of CRT , screw Plunger all the Way Down on Body once you Hear that little Hiss , CLOSE Unit Valve , open Ball Valve on Appion all the way , and Insert the Cores into the unit .

There are Several Differant Methods of this , to Insure No Loss of Vac or Introducton on Non - Condensibles !!!

Jim Bergmann has a Great Youtube Video on One Method :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGLYAmjWkvA&feature=plcp
    Thanks Fritz, looks like a step was missing there maybe. After balling both sides off, I am assuming you hook a hose from whatever refrigerant tank you're using to one of the crt's you have hooked up on the unit you're working on, right? And then let some gas into the system for some positive pressure. I have a YJ 69086 vacuum gauge, the paperwork with it says it'll handle up to 450 psi I believe. But I try to never do it, I've had trouble with it as well, the sensor is very finicky. There is no setting on it as far as I know for PSIA. I will probably buy a blu-vac sometime in the near future. Thanks again my friend, I'm going to check out the video you included as well.

Quote Originally Posted by uzzo2 View Post
    Thanks Fritz, looks like a step was missing there maybe. After balling both sides off, I am assuming you hook a hose from whatever refrigerant tank you're using to one of the crt's you have hooked up on the unit you're working on, right? And then let some gas into the system for some positive pressure. I have a YJ 69086 vacuum gauge, the paperwork with it says it'll handle up to 450 psi I believe. But I try to never do it, I've had trouble with it as well, the sensor is very finicky. There is no setting on it as far as I know for PSIA. I will probably buy a blu-vac sometime in the near future. Thanks again my friend, I'm going to check out the video you included as well.
    I think you are well beyond being on the Right Track , Yellow Jacket , and C&D's have fine Products , have Not used the Blu-Vac yet , will have to do some Video Review on that one as Well (LOL) seem to be Grade A , I use the Supco VG-64 has a PSIA on it !!!
    Let me know how everything turns out !!!

how come you're home, Bluegrass?

I just came by the office to get some cold bottled water for me and Hvac5646, than we're having lunch and then....the Girly Club! Ahahahaha...I love running my own gig!

Gimme a PM later.

Quote Originally Posted by fritzhvac View Post
    I think you are well beyond being on the Right Track , Yellow Jacket , and C&D's have fine Products , have Not used the Blu-Vac yet , will have to do some Video Review on that one as Well (LOL) seem to be Grade A , I use the Supco VG-64 has a PSIA on it !!!
    Let me know how everything turns out !!!
    I just watched the video fritz, I think I understand what you were talking about now. When you said to crack the service valve, I was scratching my head. I've always called them king valves, I'm assuming that the unit you were talking about and the one in the video came charged from the factory. Most everything I've been doing is repair where there is no gas in the unit. Even most of the new installs I've been doing have been dry R-22 units.

So in that case I would assume you would have to hook a hose to your refrigerant tank and let a little pressure in that way. That's the way I've been doing it, but I also unhook my vacuum gauge beforehand so that I don't take a chance of contaminating the sensor. I won't be able to do that with these crt's due to them not having a schrader core in them. But I'll try it and see how it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    how come you're home, Bluegrass?

I just came by the office to get some cold bottled water for me and Hvac5646, than we're having lunch and then....the Girly Club! Ahahahaha...I love running my own gig!

Gimme a PM later.
    Waiting for the Next Call in the A.C. !!! LOL ...

Stay Hydrated my Friend !!!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678