+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kidney Stones...

Post Likes
    Anybody ever had or get them?

First one ever. Got me out of bed at 6:00am. Right side. Didn't know if it was appendisitis or what. Took a drive to the hospital.

HOLY COW. Intense pain. They did usual tests, blood, urine, CT scan. Came back and said kidney stone about 3mm in size.

Put me on pain killers. Not feeling much of anything right now. Slept all day and I'm ready to sleep some more. Haven't eaten much since I can't hold it down long.

I guess the best is yet to come... When it tries to make an exit. Should be fun.

If I manage to catch it I'll post pics, okay?
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2’.

Post Likes
    No fun is it?....I had one about 4 years ago....They put me under anesthesia and went up through junior and pulled it out with some kind of scope/catheter gizmo. I had to wear a maxipad for 2 days.....Drink cranberry juice....some say it helps prevent them.... and I'd drink straight vinegar if it would prevent another one.

Post Likes
    Gruntly, Drink anything, in mass quanities, Beer would be the choise beverage if I were you. The best to you my friend. Roy

Post Likes
    A co worker just had one. They checked him out, said yup, you got one, here's some pills and wait for it. Several days later and another trip to the hospital, same thing. Next day he could barely walk by late morning. They ended up going in after it.

Sure makes me hope I never have one.
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Post Likes
    My bout with kidney stones is what I now gauge all pain by. When I had my heart attack the docs constantly asked me to measure the pain from 1 to 10 with 10 being the worst. Based on the pain of the kidney stone, the heart attack never went over 8 on the scale.

It took a week and a half for me to pass mine because the pressure had ruptured the kidney. Beer? Did someone say; beer? Believe it or not, even knowing I was on purcocet, my doctor said a couple of beers would most likely help.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    I have a kidney full of them, have passed a few dozen or so through the years.

Nasty pain till they work down into the bladder, then no big deal passing them, just a sharp pain one day when you relieve yourself and it's over.

I had one Doc. talk me into letting him go in and remove one surgically ("basketing procedure"). That was one of the more miserable two weeks I have ever enjoyed. I would recommend that procedure only if it was absolutely necessary. I think the procedure was a nice money-maker for him.

You have my empathy!

Post Likes
    Ive had 2, the second took 2 weeks to pass, good advice here, drink lots of fluids and hold it as long as you can, both of mine passed in the first trip to the br after sleeping all night, for me that wasnt painful at all it was out before I realized what happened, a huge relief actually.

also you can buy at a pharmacy some stuff for urinary pain that numbs the bladder somewhat, that seemed to help me also, makes the urine a nice color orange too.

Post Likes
    this might be like a PM on HVAC for future stones check it out http://www.flushstones.com/
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

Post Likes
    Originally posted by maxster
    this might be like a PM on HVAC for future stones check it out http://www.flushstones.com/

My PM for kidney stones is imported from Canada. LaBatts!

Post Likes
    OMG!!! I had one a few months ago, I couldn't sleep, couldn't eat and the most I did was drink beer to drown the pain!!

Post Likes
    I've passed 8 or so over the years.

A little over 5 years ago I went in for a nonevasive ultrasonic procedure. Yhey put you under and that's about it. No pain.

Also you don't want to leave stones in your kidneys as it can lead to kidney failure.

If I were you I'd go to a Urologist and get xray of your kidneys. The ultrasound breaks them up like fine sand and out they come.

Their are things to avoid like grapefruit.
    We are here on Earth to fart around ......Kurt Vonnegut

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

Post Likes

Well grunt

How's it going ole bud?

Post Likes
    I bet you wanted a red rider BB gun as a kid,..now your wish is comming true,.. dont shoot your eye out. lol Really,.. sorry man,..got a buddy that gets them chronic,.. poor guy....yikes!

Post Likes
    I'm back..so far.

Puked all day yesterday into today. I am alergic to anything with codein in it. I stopped taking the pain killers and by 3pm I was downing a big mac.

I think the thing is in my bladder. There is no feeling of it whatsoever...but I haven't felt it come out yet, either. Should be fun to look forward to.

Urologist on Wednesday. One of my customers actually.

I think I might opt for the beer thang... Thx guys. you make me feel so much better
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2’.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in