I having trouble getting the email notification to my address, the problem is I ain;t getting any, now I did what was written before by switching to another address and get some and then come back and still doesn't work. Any other suggestions on how to fix this or should I just give up and go away

I had to add the email address that the notifications were coming from to my book for it to work correctly. Did you try that yet?

I never had it there before but I just added it, Strange enough I never payed much attention to what it said, was it

(No e-mails in posts, due to site rules )

[Edited by HeyBob on 07-10-2006 at 11:08 AM]

did it all and still won't work. oh well, i guess i'll just start bitking like everyone else.

Pretty much in a nut shell

H-Talk uses a gmail account to send and receive it's site mail.

AOL, MSN and Yahoo doesn't always let our email through. This is not the only site where these "FREE THREE" block mail.

Gmail or Google mail is the best free mail today. Awesome storage and connect ability via the web interface or POP mail account such as Outlook or Express.

If you are having troubles getting site mail... try changing to http://www.gmail.com or some another account.

If you want to add the H-talk mail to your address book it is

HVAC.Talk@gmail.com

I had just the opposite experience. When I first joined, I was not getting email notifications. But when you switched servers last week, all of the sudden it started working. I'm with a local ISP, so whatever the problem was, it wasn't related to AOL, et.al.

I'm not sure there is a blanket response to all of the email problems. Just like there are some with IE or Flash issues.

I do know that I did not get site emails for several days. I switched to another email account on a different provider such as gmail and started getting email.

The people that are saying they don't get mail have/had an account with AOL, Yahoo or MSN. Once switched, now working.

Personally... the "Free Three" are beat up with spammers using their @ address. I don't blame providers from blocking these IP's if that is in fact what is going on here.

As for your situation,Yocona... they maybe using a different IP to send from now so it's not blocked anymore.

This is only a guess on my part. Glad yours is working.

Originally posted by Lusker
    As for your situation,Yocona... they maybe using a different IP to send from now so it's not blocked anymore.

This is only a guess on my part. Glad yours is working.

[/B]
    Thanks, Lusker. So am I. I don't want to miss any gems of wisdom in response to the question I posted in the commercial thread.

Thanks for the call this morning. After screwing around with Google for an hour I finally got an account set up. Funny thing is they said I already had an account. I have no idea how though.

After the new server changeover email was dropped in bulk for this forum. Just told Yahoo that it wasn't spam and back to inbox again.