Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hoofing tools

This looks like a pretty good hoofing tool.
    http://www.hooftrimmingtools.net/equinetools

If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

I use a Warn works pullzall. I attach it to my ladder above the roof at shoulder level then winch equip up and down with a grapple hook while holding ladder away from the roof to clear the building.
    I attach the large 5" carabiners to each load then climb ladder. Rope up Pullzall, attach to ladder, plug in to ext cord and lift away. Hook into carabiners with grapple hook and lift next item.

http://www.pullzall.info/index.php?o...&id=1&Itemid=6

that thing is freakin awesome!!!

have u lugged up compressors with it?

I sure have! It has a load limit of 1000lbs but only fifteen feet of cable. So I switched out the orig. cable to a smaller diameter cable that gives me 30 feet with 500lb capacity. The unit cost $300 plus tax. If I look at $100 minimum to get a lift, it has already paid for itself on three rooftops. However, I mostly do comm. refrig. and this unit is SWEET for lifting 200lb compressors out of racks and satellite installations.

I have also used it for moving my hot tub, pulling a dead car up onto my flatdeck, and even for pulling a tree away from my Dad's garage before cutting it down. Works very well.

As a side note, it doesn't come with a case to protect it, so I found an old blowmolded porter cable circ saw case at the local swap shed and with a propane torch heated the inside until I could form it (with gloves on) to fit the pullzall. Makes for an easy carrying, lightweight, protective toolbox like my drill/sawzall/impactor/flashlight kit came with.

man i really want one. would you recommend the battery one or the 115v?

think you could make a video of how you hoist stuff onto a roof?

Go with 115v, batteries crap out over time, too much money to replace, IMHO...batteries would be good for the bush if you are using it to pull ATV out of the mud maybe.
    I promise I will work on a video as soon as I have a bit of time to spare.

i googled reviews for the pullzall and came up with lots of negative reviews. how long have you owned yours?

alot of reviews about the motor smoking, not working out of the box, only getting a couple uses out of it...

I've had it about two months now I guess.
    No problems so far other than the original cable starting to have broken strands from not winding evenly then loading up on top of cross lapped cable. When I first got it I probably wound it up without tension so maybe that did the damage. I switched high quality smaller dia. cable for length reasons and haven't had a problem since. I read the reviews after you mentioned them and I think I have the older version. So far so good...but I charged this unit to the first job so it's been free from then on. I treat it well and at the first sign of failure I will return it to my supplier or have it repaired as I haven't found anything quite like it and it sure beats a chainfall come-along especially for horizontal pulls.
    I was always going to build an electric winch that sat on three ladder rungs but never got around to it. Also would be more expensive with my labour involved.
    I would pay three times the price for the same thing but built with bulletproof quality, but manufacturers would rather make money than excellent products of course. That's why I will never be filthy rich as excellence comes before money for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12