Thread: Carrier Infinity System - One Zone Not Cooling

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

Carrier Infinity System - One Zone Not Cooling

Hey everyone. I found this forum via a Google search and figured I would ask my question(s) here after some searches. Searches didn't seem to get me what I was looking for or I just don't know the lingo to type in.

I wrote down what I could find on my main thermostat and here's what it says:

Equipment
    Furnace 58CVA090--
    A/C 2 STG 24APA748A
    FILTER MEDIA
    ZONE 1 2 3
    Software Version CESR131339-16

Duct Assessment
    Living Room/Kitchen (Zone 1) 47%
    Bedroom 2/3 (Zone 2) 22%
    Upstairs (Zone 3) 20%
    Damper Leakage 11%

Zoning
    Living Room/Kitchen (Zone 1) UI
    Bedroom 2/3 (Zone 2) SS
    Upstairs (Zone 3) SS

AC Status
    Cool Stage: High Stage
    CFM: 1344
    Coil Temp: 96
    Blower RPM: 1130
    Static Pressure: 0.74

That's about all the useful information I could pull out of the advanced menu. I'm pretty limited on my knowledge of any of this stuff, so if you could dumb it down a little, I can Google the rest.

So...the issue...

The zone for Bedroom 2/3 (Zone 2) is not cooling at all unless the Living Room (Zone 1) is on. Even then, it cools pretty slowly. I talked to an HVAC friend of mine (he doesn't work on Carrier) and he thought that maybe the damper was open but since no air was moving, it wasn't cooling the room. He thought that the zone (Zone 2) might be set up as a slave of some sort but not communicating with the mains to tell it to kick on and push air into the room.

This being said, the zone in question (Zone 2) has some recording equipment in it so it does put off some heat. As you can imagine, it gets pretty warm when the AC doesn't run.

So...this being said, is this a setup issue? Installation issue? I'd like to get some thoughts before I call the people that put the unit in. That way I can kind of know a little of what I'm talking about and what the service guy is going to recommend vs what you guys recommend.

Thanks in advance.

Post Likes

Any thoughts? Didn't have time to make the service call today.

Post Likes
    That Carrier Infinity zoning is sweet!

I can imagine 3 or 4 possibilities and it could turn out to be something I didn't think of.
    Call a service company that is proficient with the Carrier Infinity Zoning system.
    It's hard to replace an experienced technician.
    “I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.”
    ― Benjamin Franklin

Post Likes

I have the same issue and I am curious if you ever received your answer. Thank you f

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise, commentary, or ask questions of the OP here.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by beenthere; 02-09-2013 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Non Pro * Member

Post Likes
    ScottHe, this is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise, commentary or ask questions of the OP here.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Your post has been deleted.

Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.

Post Likes
    Has it ever worked since installed? If yes and now it doesn't, probably a bad damper or broken wire. The damper isn't smart like the rest of the system, it just reacts to input voltage from the controller telling it to open or close.
    I like DIY'ers. They pay better to fix.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in