I have a 1987 chev pic-uo. The liquid line at the orific tube was frosting
    up and the compressor began making noise so I went out and bought a new compresor,accumulator, and orifice tube

I put it all together and it still wouldnt get cool, I must have put the tube in in the wrong direction, so I recovered and took it apart again and when I tried to pull the tube out, I got a piece 1/4 inch long out, and that was it . I tried to blow it out with nitrogen but I didnt see it come out.

looking down the piece of tubing going to the evap I cant see anything that looks like and orifice tube. There is a disk in the tubing that is drilled out in the center
    that would block my lost piece from going further, but where did the rest of that orifice tube go

were you drinking when you did this? I bet you didn't even put it in.

James would tell you "if you had a Ford you wouldn't have this problem." Of course if it was a Ford it wouldn't be worth fixing the a/c anyway.
    There's TREACHERY AFOOT!!!

Hmm ct2

Ya know I guess GM thought it might be funny to "Hide" the orifice in those years. One place might be right at the inlet of the evaporator. Another would be on the passenger side between the fender well and the condencer. The other would be right exit the condencer behind the grill. In any case it would be in the liquid line that has the male threaded end. You should see 2 dimples or crimps about 4" from the end of the pipe to be the stop for the orifice.
    Since Ford was mentioned, on some models they put their O- tube in the middle of the line so you couldn't change it. You had to buy a whole new line. It wasn't long before GM caught on. Good Luck Roy

Reminds me of how my kids would get bored and clog up the toilet when they were younguns. I'd blow it out with CO2. If you look up the sky on a real clear night, you'll see a t*rd up there in orbit that was launched out of the plumbing vent on the roof.

I guess the difference is you're wanting to retrieve that part.

Smile midhvac

You make me smile...Just don't do that on dec 24th. Ok?