Was just looking at buying it being I have been using mine with T and a short hose shut off ball valve.

I like the idea of it being short metal hose as compared to the regular hose on the ball valves...... just an all around better looking set up.

Anyone buying any J/b equipment on line from anyone at a decent price ?????? think its a little high from Johnstones at about $90. Probably pay as much from anyone else by the time you pay shipping but honestly Im trying to stay away from Johnstone Supply being their prices suck lol. Going to have to check with a few other suppiers monday to see who can get J/b ...... I just havnt payed attention being my J/B pumps have gone for years with only needing oil level sight windows replaced. They have been pretty trouble free so Im thinking why not try their micron gauge hose set up.

ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE USING IT ??????? Hate to retire my thermal engineering meter lol

Is this the one?:

http://www.jbind.com/Catalog/deep_vacuum/dv29.html

That is a good looking set up but I just can't see it being $90. Maybe I'm way off base but this is just my 2 cents... Just guessing but couldn't you piece the valves, fittings and short hose together for about 40-50 bucks? I've bought ball valves off fleeBay for $10 that already had the 1/4 male and 1/4 female flare ends. I wouldn't think that the rest of the components would be all that expensive. If it came with valve core removers it would come closer to being worth 90. I think I would rather pick up a quality valve core remover with access port on the side and then just add the hose and an extra ball valve to isolate the micron gauge. That would be getting back to the $90+ dollar range but would add the benefit of removing valve cores.

Ya thats what Im looking at but Im having a problem with that price. I already own a bunch of ball valve setups and could use them. I would just prefer the metal hose for the long hall. I just cant see the price , thats why I was asking if anyone knew anyone selling J-B stuff on line at a decent price ...... Not like I cant afford it , I just hate overpaying when I know they are screwing me.

I like that setup as compared to having the mounting on the pump, like the yellow jacket setup. Its too bulky that way in my opinion for the way Im setup. I just like my stuff as compact as I can have it.

If anyone gets a chance if they happen to be getting any prices from Johnstones....do me a favor, check and see what the price is on the J B dv29 vacum gauge hose shutoff kit. I would just like to know if they are giving me a competative price or if I need to go shopping from someone else to buy tools from.

today when I was picking up a few things I tried confirming what I was told the price of that shut off kit was and I got a total differant cost of $102.00. thats funny , its going up week by week. Thanks in advance for the information if you get the time.

[Edited by dec on 07-13-2006 at 06:36 PM]

I'm about 99% sure that's the same kit that a supply house here has for $60ish or so. And that kit anyway is a complete, supply your pump and gauge and you're good to go.
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Originally posted by amickracing
    I'm about 99% sure that's the same kit that a supply house here has for $60ish or so. And that kit anyway is a complete, supply your pump and gauge and you're good to go.

Amick ...... can I ask you what supply house that is, just in case we may have one around here. Ya just never know lol . Being what I have works fine but I just like the looks of that setup and wouldnt mind picking one up sometime at that price. At over $100....... hummm I dont think so.

[Edited by dec on 07-27-2006 at 01:18 AM]

Dennis Supply... they seem to be one of the few houses around here that get a lot of the new tools and new parts long before other supply houses get em.
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."