Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Daikin VRV

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieri85 View Post
    i dont like japanese technology. push this button 63 times oops i meant 64 times then hit this button and then check this.
    thats how it goes when you call tech support. im not a fan. very efficent but a pain in the but to service. VERY TIME CONSUMING.
    That is Daikin. For City - Multi you initiate " add refrigerant mode " ( or test run ) from your laptop inside the building. You then go to the outdoor unit and add the required refrigerant determined by the " Design Tool " program.

Another FEATURE of Mitsu is static addresses for each device on the network ( 02 is always 02 unless you change it ). Auto address used to be listed as a plus for Daikin , and it's really not automatic anyway , it's just more hassle . Then I get to call thier tech support and speak to Dave who then refers me to engineering. With Daikin VRV it seems you are always relying on some unknown.

For residential applications, the Mitsubishi City Multi has a 4-ton system that actually costs less and is easier to install than their MXZ 4-ton system. Then you get all the advantages of City Multi with it. (commercial quality, better controls... )

-chris
    aec.us.com

just installed vrvIII twinned 120 and 96, and a single 120 with 17 fan coils and 9 branch selectors, started it all up wed everything seems to be running great, installation was kind of a ***** compared to Mitsubishi city multi . the refnets are kinda tricky, but if we do another ill know what to do...starting up the daiken/mqauy chiller tuesday....ps havent had a raise in 9 years, time to look elswhere

I'm not even in a mood to be kind to any manufacturer right now. Mitsubishi City - Multi kicks all other vrf systems asses up one side and down the other. This is without question. Daikin FAILS on their controls , just a train wreck. Their website is bad enough and when you do find the information that you need it is even worse.

your right,hopefully we will stick with Mitsubishi, unfortunately i have to put in what they want

I understand that. I was just commenting on the original thread. If there is ever a question that I can answer I will share all that I know for sure.

thx because i may have some upcoming questions

what do you think of the diamond system builder?

what do you think of the diamond system builder?

I like it. It incorporates the old Design Tool with submittal data. Daikin has NOTHING like this available to an installing contractor. This is what places Mitsubishi above the rest. They have almost ALL of their literature available for everyone.

diamond system builder along with maintenance tools can make you some money doing start ups and commissioning,something i am looking to get into instead of just installs.

Quote Originally Posted by BKS60 View Post
    Both brands do this they just go about it in different manners.
    I know the Daikin brand uses a variable speed compressor. That is where the big energy savings come from. I don't believe the Mitsubishi unit has that nor does the Sanyo.

Quote Originally Posted by tech45 View Post
    If this were City - Multi you could refer to the " as built " design tool file submitted for warranty. I also provide the commissioning report with the job folder for each project.

I'm not bashing any brand , but Mitsu. controls and commissioning are so much better. I think that the Daikin performance may have an edge as far as the actual machines , but EVERYTHING else falls flat with them ( and I do try to work with them , but man they are difficult ).
    Daikin has a precommishing check list that the installing contractor must fill out before start up is done. A good contractor means a good start up resulting in a good product. Everything I start or repair is on file at my office and a copy gets sent to the end user.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast