Daikin VRV - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Daikin VRV

Quote Originally Posted by tech45 View Post
    It should also be said that one brand has every available piece of information listed on a website as the other acts as if thier info is top secret.
    Yeah, easy access to all of the manuals was one of the deciding factors in us choosing Daikin over the other guys.
    Well, that and their US headquarters being local.

Now if they would just do better at updating the site with the new products...
    They seem to run about a year behind.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Are you guys saying the Mitsubishi manuals are hard to find???

www.mylinkdrive.com

How could it be any easier?

I also prefer the Mitsubishi system. Simultaneous heat and cool with only 2 pipes between the outdoor unit and branch box.

The linkdrive site just puts everything else to shame. They even have the design software posted there , updates for controllers , application notes , etc. Anyone have the Daikin design software ?

Is it true that the system refrigerant charge is calculated by measuring the piping lengths? If so, then please do your customer a favor and record this number in multiple places. Not only the label on the outdoor unit, but several other locations. A coworkers building has a Daikin system, and during the contractor's owner/operator training they told us about this - and then pointed to where this info was written. It was so faded, even they could not make it out well enough to even allow a best guess as to what was written! And it was not recorded anywhere else. Thanks guys. On the bright side, I haven't heard of any problems with the system.

If this were City - Multi you could refer to the " as built " design tool file submitted for warranty. I also provide the commissioning report with the job folder for each project.

I'm not bashing any brand , but Mitsu. controls and commissioning are so much better. I think that the Daikin performance may have an edge as far as the actual machines , but EVERYTHING else falls flat with them ( and I do try to work with them , but man they are difficult ).

Mark Beiser, That's Good To Know That They Are Available In Residential.

Nuclrchiller, Yes The Charge Is Determined By The Piping Length. That Is A Good Idea To Write The Piping Length On The Outdoor Unit And In The HVAC System Folder I Am Going To Give Them In Addition To Keeping It In My Records, As We Are Going To Service It. We Also Have The Electrical Service For The Building, As I Installed A New 400 Amp Three Phase System, Panels, Branch Wiring, Lights, And Backup Generator With Exit Lights.

Tech 45, We Did Get A Predone Piping And Wiring Diagram, But Partway Through The Project, They Changed The Sizes, So We Remeasured The Lines To Ensure That We Were Working With The Correct Numbers.

If this were City - Multi all members involved could pass around the " Design Tool " file and have the same information available at an instant.

And I have a job with a Daikin itouch... I'm keeping this train wreck on the back burner for this thread . For now all I can say is ..." really ? ". I wan't to talk about it , and I don't want to talk about it. The AG150 Mitsubishi is good , I'll think about that one.

Did Any Of You Guys Have Difficulty In Getting Your Flares To Seal On The Indoor Units?

One of the Mitsubishi projects I was involved with several years ago had some loose flares. The Mitsubishi I'm installing right now has braze joints at the indoor units. Only flares are on the BC controller. That's the distribution box.

Didn't have any trouble with the flares on the Daikin system I did. Though, on that system, all the BS (heat/cool diverter) boxes had braze joints and the indoor units had flare.

I figure a flare joint is a flare joint.

I Wish These Where Braze Joints, As These Flares Have Been The Worst Thing In The World To Get To Seal Up. I Thought Maybe There Was Something I Overlooked.

pain in the rear

i dont like japanese technology. push this button 63 times oops i meant 64 times then hit this button and then check this.
    thats how it goes when you call tech support. im not a fan. very efficent but a pain in the but to service. VERY TIME CONSUMING.

Cavalieri85, That Was The One Thing I Didn't Like With Daikin. All Our Instructions Where In Japanese, Millimeters, And Some Parts Only Had Pictures.

its like there mini split systems they make everything impossible to work on you have to have the hands of a three year old to get the darn stuff apart and its like 7,000 screws to take one panel off and you still cant access what you need. systms work great but when they don't you are screwed. the japanese make those things like they do everything else. to be replaced not repaired.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast