Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    No pic of the new unit or the guy's face when you told him that the unit could not fit under the deck?

I thought they only did that in Oklahoma

The company I currently work for actually had to send out a letter to dealers, that this type of install would cancel all warranty.

Not sure witch was worse.

Maybe you should stop installing units under the deck! That would probably help the cooling instead of just adding more units until it cools down in the building.

Quote Originally Posted by maximumtech View Post
    Maybe you should stop installing units under the deck! That would probably help the cooling instead of just adding more units until it cools down in the building.
    I'm not for certian who you are directing this comment at but I am sure that amickracing did not install the units under the deck. But he had to service one, and in doing so was trying to come up with a solution as where to move them to when the time comes to replace them.
    I never let schooling interfere with my education... Mark Twain

Heh, if it was to me, I wasn't even born when those units were put in, so I'm probably safe

I never thought of it until now.... but I should have proposed to put A/C under the deck to cool the A/C units! Ha! I could make a killing!
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Thumbs up thriller

hey they may have been put in like that for a cheap thrill let a woman stand over that in a dress

My bad. I thought you said you guys installed them a couple of years ago. Just start charging huge mark up on the parts and eventually they might clue in that it is cheaper to change the units.

Quote Originally Posted by rrajecki View Post
    Maybe I'm weird (well, there's really no maybe about that), or maybe I've just been involved in the HVAC industry too long, but I don't understand why people don't like to see the units. I actually think a/c units are kind of cool-looking. (NO PUN intended, seriously). I don't know, maybe it's just me.

Maybe if you could rig a copper top with gutters, and rock work siding, more of these types wouldn't be so ashamed of them....
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12