Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Report Abuse

So, why don't the people having problems with Internet Explorer just download Firefox, and quit b*tching? What am I missing here? Firefox is better and more secure and free.

I dont know maybe its just me but I dont get what all the problems are about. I pop on here differant times of day when I have time. Part of the time on a dsl and some of the time on a dial up depending where Im at. Im not sure why Im having no problems on either one, BUT IM NOT.

Anymore I never know if the complaints are real or some from the other competing sites trying to start an argument or just complain.

I know I get flustraighted when I have computor problems but in all honesty, when I finally find the problem its usally me or something that has corupted my system, virus or whatever. All it takes is looking at something on a site that someone says is interesting....... then the nightmare begins.

Im just saying that if we all are not having that trouble......it might not be this site...... might be your settings.

Not bashing anyone but Im a little tired of people blaming the new owners that their life has been wrecked by them and that they think the new owners have no right to run the site the way they deem fit. GET OVER IT.

RLA and FLA............

Only 2 replies?............From my prior posting?..........whats the technical difference?..........I called those F'N "stand-in units-Trane,lennox "professionals"- "tech service help-lines".......The women said "oh.....u have to go "on-line" for THAT answer!.............whats the deal w/ this question?.. I had a similar experience w/ "fujitsu" and the "tech-help-woman" said the same f-----g thing!............

Originally posted by workhorse

Ok, now come after me. I've go big shoulders I can take.
    Yea we heard you can take it.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.” –Albert Einstein

“Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.”-Vernon Law

I go to a couple other non related sites, one of them beng clarkhoward,com, and they have a pretty good Idea. They have all the nirmal threads for his site and then he has one section that is for *****en, here you say whatever is needed to be said ad it one speciffic area for al,to read od add to. Just sm idea.

sorry for the typing, i can;t find my glasses

I go to a couple other non related sites, one of them beng clarkhoward,com, and they have a pretty good Idea. They have all the nirmal threads for his site and then he has one section that is for *****en, here you say whatever is needed to be said ad it one speciffic area for al,to read od add to.
    Yes, lots of forums do this. I think it is because once they have existed for a while, they realize the inevitability of human nature. Anywhere that 2+ people gather, there will eventually be problems. If you don't provide an official place to air those grievances, all the bull**** will get posted in the technical threads. I'm a mod on a forum that has a Members Lounge for this very reason, and we don't even let non-members view that part of the site. Kind of like how you guys don't let non-professionals view the two professional forum areas on this site (though we do it because we don't want to air our dirty laundry in public, lol).

Honestly, though, what has transpired here seems very mild compared to trash posting I have seen on some forums. And in this case the only real issue is the technical problems that some of us have been experiencing--incredibly frustrating, but they will eventually get solved. This forum has two things going for it: lots of knowledgeable, committed members and moderators who pay attention.

Originally posted by yocona
    I go to a couple other non related sites, one of them beng clarkhoward,com, and they have a pretty good Idea. They have all the nirmal threads for his site and then he has one section that is for *****en, here you say whatever is needed to be said ad it one speciffic area for al,to read od add to.
    Yes, lots of forums do this. I think it is because once they have existed for a while, they realize the inevitability of human nature. Anywhere that 2+ people gather, there will eventually be problems. If you don't provide an official place to air those grievances, all the bull**** will get posted in the technical threads. I'm a mod on a forum that has a Members Lounge for this very reason, and we don't even let non-members view that part of the site. Kind of like how you guys don't let non-professionals view the two professional forum areas on this site (though we do it because we don't want to air our dirty laundry in public, lol).

Honestly, though, what has transpired here seems very mild compared to trash posting I have seen on some forums. And in this case the only real issue is the technical problems that some of us have been experiencing--incredibly frustrating, but they will eventually get solved. This forum has two things going for it: lots of knowledgeable, committed members and moderators who pay attention.
    Committed members is right alot of them should be committed for how much time they spend here

Originally posted by outside rep
    Committed members is right alot of them should be committed for how much time they spend here
    lol

Originally posted by The Penguin
    Actually I think the lot of ya are all on the rag!
    Hey man that fits about 90% of the a/c guys I see at the supply house everyday, this is the typical a/c guy I see everyday "excluding me and a couple others" no smile or face might break, man I lost money on that last job, this business sucks "saying this with a wad of 100's in his pocket" or you can't find any good help, "Hell with that attitude I can see why no one wants to work for you, try smiling and saying something good about something or someone sometimes"
    or dam what you mean you don't have that part? what kind of supply house is this? "one that is not perfect like you" and here is the one I hate, how about the ones that you know are making the big bucks own everything we dream about and you always hear them say "I need the money" I just want to slap the crap out of them. I mean they Bitc%,Bitc%,Bitc% and I really think man these guys are always on the rag every time I see them, they should just go ahead and shoot themselves and save everyone a lot of grief.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.” –Albert Einstein

“Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.”-Vernon Law

I would rather see some supply house guys get shot or home owners that call you on Saturday wanting a itemized bill before you go to their house and then find the Home Depot thermostat half installed that they forgot to mention.

Originally posted by Lusker
    Regardless of other opinions... there is nothing in this world that I hate more than doing that and it gives me no joy.... I also have to take his posting privileges away from him too.

After a cooling period and if he wants back in and can be nice he is more than welcome back.. he knows how to get a hold of me just like most of you.

Hit the abuse button.

The button still does not work and under this new found policy of love and tenderness, it may be a good time to let GF back on with out any kissing of the ring ceremony or other stuff.

Originally posted by James 3528
    Originally posted by Lusker
    Regardless of other opinions... there is nothing in this world that I hate more than doing that and it gives me no joy.... I also have to take his posting privileges away from him too.

After a cooling period and if he wants back in and can be nice he is more than welcome back.. he knows how to get a hold of me just like most of you.

Hit the abuse button.

The button still does not work and under this new found policy of love and tenderness, it may be a good time to let GF back on with out any kissing of the ring ceremony or other stuff.
    Yep,
    You're right, the abuse button still does not work.
    Penton is working on it. If it takes them a little time, it takes a little time.
    Not sure of all the associates, but, my email and phone number is in my credentials and profile.
    If any memeber needs to report a bonifide "abuse" and the report abuse button does not work, get ahold of a mod or associate.
    I also know that you know how to get ahold of Lusker if need be.
    So, that are two site mods/associates you contact if you feel that there is a violation or abuse.

Originally posted by The Penguin
    Actually I think the lot of ya are all on the rag!

You know its a sicentific fact when a bunch of ladies are together for a long time their cycles line up and they all pms at the same time

Secondly I think you are all pmsing at the same time

Lastly Use Zone Alarm and google I don't get any popups and the only thing at the top of the page is the green guy - no other crap oops I mean adverts
    You ought to be at the front of the line supporting Gonefishing.....he supported you.

Granted, the sig line is biting the hand that feeds you, but he probably didn't give a rat's a$$ after a week of trying to correct the problem. I've also seen Moderators/Associates talk in the negative about Penton, so it's hypocritical to single out GF. I also remember Lusker taking a walk, after banning a certain member, but he's back, and telling GF what to do.Hmmm. I agree with Workhorse.....I just hope this gets straightened out. Personally, no probs with site lately.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast