Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Report Abuse

Originally posted by arpa
    this is still the best one....
    Was the best one... till your IE crashes every time you turn around.

This is what Gone has been stating... he didn't want to leave... he wanted Penton to resolve the problem.

He's not the only one and I'm sure there is many others that haven't spoke up yet.

It's kind of like the chat issue... we never get any replies from Penton (till it was too late). Why will they not reply to known problems?

H-Talk members make their site... why will they not help their H-Talk community? All the members are asking for is a little support.

Originally posted by gonefishing

All the old timers who built the reputation of this site
    could go to hell as far as PENTON is concerned.

Boy! You join the club quick. You've been a member what? 7 months, and now you an old timer?????? Sorry, us old timers already got our hats and jackets and were not printing anymore soon. Hell O'Roy just got one and he's been being a top knotch member for 2 years!
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Jultz I agree, but to list the complaint publicly might not be the best idea they should have an email address to send the complaint to, yes I feel we do have to have a thread to ask if others are experiencing these issues, but the bashing is what I think the site don't like hey you can't blame them, what most forums have is IM capability and it works great! why they don't have it here is beyond me, but hey there the "Boss"
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

being that the owners of this site are a publishing company, I am certain that one of the basic foundations to their ability to operate as a publisher is the freedom of speech, freedom of the press that we all cherish as american citizens.

This site has become larger than a private group of people sharing each others veiw with out consequence.

It actually now has become something legal and definitive in the fact it must uphold someone like gonefishings right to express his dissatisfaction.

I aint too sure why he is upset, but, at the same time it should be clearly understood, he does have a right to speak out, this is no longer a private arena.

Originally posted by Dowadudda
    I aint too sure why he is upset
    To give you (and everyone else) an idea... my IE has crashed 30-40 times so far this morning due to the Flash Media problem.

I can browse other sites with no problems. This problem exists within their advertising software.

I have not noticed a difference lately. I think I only used the troll button once so Im not missin it. I do think we need a Robo button...something that will send him a mild electric shock.

Still the best site for talkin the talk.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Sure this place is running like a old soviet space craft, but so is it's members.

I have a felling someone was about to start a spam campaign.

Originally posted by Jultzya
    I aint too sure why he is upset
    To give you (and everyone else) an idea... my IE has crashed 30-40 times so far this morning due to the Flash Media problem.

I can browse other sites with no problems. This problem exists within their advertising software.
    but as I understand it, all you gotta do is upddate your browser right? So what's the big deal? If you think the Penton Publishing Group bought this site, to not use it as a way to generate revenue for them, by way of purchased avdertizing, then you should understand it will be here to stay and be at peace with it. I doubt they would reverse the way they want to move forward.

So. Just update your browser. It's not that big of a deal here. Cmon.

I defend gonefishings right. Doesn't mean I don't think it's a just a bit crazy.

If that is all it takes, is to simply get your browser to jive with their advertizing, I mean really, is it worth getting upset over? Personally I don't think so. I don't even mind the advertizing. I just might be interested in something new and innovative a manufacturer might advertize on here. It may help to keep me better informed on whats available.

and on top of it. Who is stupid enough to keep trying to get on here after like the 5th time if it keeps crashing on a guy. 30 or 40 times? Are ya stubborn?

Jules

It may be Penton's new server operating software that crashes IE and or any other browser out there.

Mine is just fine.. I tested it on my other computers with the same IE you are running. No problems here.

Not that I am brushing off your problem but makes me wonder how many computers out there are the problem and not the Penton server.

Some people have patience other do not. It will take patience and perseverance to repair all of the server issues. Just wait until the upgrade to the VBB software starts... LOL, not what will take a lot of patience.

Not knocking any other site out there. I am partial to this one. I like the others too.

D4. Freedom of speech is just fine and dandy but there is a difference in talking about a situation and intentionally making it worse.

It really isn't my job here anymore to Moderate but the Associates need help since Jules needed to leave. He and I will not abandon the members here nor will the Associates when a trouble maker won't stop nor will we pour gas on the flame either. If we step on someone's toes there is normally a good reason.

This was a good reason.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

thx

-lusker

Everyone shut off their computer and go outside.

and on top of it. Who is stupid enough to keep trying to get on here after like the 5th time if it keeps crashing on a guy. 30 or 40 times? Are ya stubborn?
    That's the D4 we all know and love!

Originally posted by James 3528
    Everyone shut off their computer and go outside.
    I went outside...too hot....
    Mines working fine.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast