Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    i took 5 a-coils and 15 ibs of old linsets got 125$ free money

What. Copper is worth something?

eventu rerum stolidi didicere magistro

Talking

yep sure am,i save all copper bullit dryers,and all the stubs and copper lines going to evap.i keep the dryers separate,from the pure copper.
    if at first you dont succeed,then skydiving is not for you

yep I save everything
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

the better question....anybody have copper they'd like to give away???
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

I have a 10 ton Trane evap coil from a Voyager. As a service tech I really don't come across as much as an installer would. I was wondering if it's worth the time to take in to the scrap yard. I'll hold onto it until the wife gives me enough grief.
    R2B4BTU

1.25 for type II "dirty copper"

Talking

I just emptied my shop floor and walls.
    $520.00 worth of tubing cutoffs and ends, old extension cords and scrap wire from 3/0 down to 16ga.
    "FIGHT CRIME: SHOOT BACK"

Originally posted by otto
    I have a 10 ton Trane evap coil from a Voyager. As a service tech I really don't come across as much as an installer would. I was wondering if it's worth the time to take in to the scrap yard. I'll hold onto it until the wife gives me enough grief.

10 tons? @2.20 per lb. thats like $264,000.00 Otto! Book yer Bennington tix!
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

10 tons? @2.20 per lb. thats like $52,800.00 Otto! Book yer Bennington tix!
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Originally posted by srmfsr
    I just emptied my shop floor and walls.
    Man is the boss gunna be ticked when he finds no plumbing left in the shop! lol
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

VETO PRO PAC, The Official Tool Bag of HVAC-Talk.com

Testo... you guys rule!

I just took the coils from a POS Chinese window unit to the yard. Threw in a melted fan mtr.(also chinese built),a couple of brake rotors and a couple of short pieces of rusty angle iron. Got $58.00 for it. Didn't look at the reciept untill I got home. Guy weighing goofed up and wrote down I had 585lbs. of short steel. I think he mean't 58 and 1/2 lbs. James can take his Fords there. He'll be able to retire then.
    There's TREACHERY AFOOT!!!

Originally posted by spotts

10 tons? @2.20 per lb. thats like $264,000.00 Otto! Book yer Bennington tix!
    Ahhhh, that would be nice.

New job is going quite well and I'm getting all the hours I want. Robin's job is up to full time, but we have a lot of catching up to do. I am not saying I won't make it to Bennington, but as of now it doesn't look like I'll be there.

Believe me, I really DO want to be there, just that this has been a very bad year for us.
    R2B4BTU

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast