Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Install

Frown

I purchased a American Standard 13 seer, 2.5 AC/Gas Air Handler, model number ZA7B3030A1000. They finished the install on a Friday, that evening I even had to shut it off when the house was at 75 because it was cool. That Sat it froze up. They came back out on Monday and said the first guy didn't put enough freon in. They recharge it with more freon and then my thermostat starting cutting off so we replaced it with a Honeywell 8000. The unit then wasn't getting cold enough, so then they said my TxValue needing replacing, so they did and recharges the freon again. But, the air coming out of the vents is still only about 10 degrees colder then the room temp in the am and 7 degrees in the afternoon. So by noon or so the house temp is shooting up to 80 and running on day. It was 87 outside and inside was 80. Now they are saying it is the compressor and they are going to replace it on Monday. Any thoughts or comments on whether it is the compressor or if something else may be going on?

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    I'd say they are guessing,hopefully I'm wrong.

Sounds pretty scary to me. Local A-S suppliers are required to have a factory trained rep on staff. If you can find out where it came from and call them, maybe said rep can get involved. They haven't a clue.

i'd say they'll run out of ideas when all the parts have been replaced. No, seriously though, i would find a reputable company to come out and give you a diagnosis that is not a conflict of interest-AT THE COST OF THE INSTALLING COMPANY.

I hope that you are not paying for any of these callbacks...

Why did you chose this company initially?

Low bid?

The owner of the company went to school with my son, he also did a install of an ac at my church. I got 7 estimates and his was the lowest but only by 500.00.

I told them today that I expected the owner to come out and install the compressor.

I have document each time I have had to call and what they have said to me. So, I am prepared for the worst.

So you all think I should get another rep to come out and check out the system first.

You better get someone out there that know's what they're doing.....that many call backs already isn't a good sign.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Yeah, I just talked to my husband and we are going to get someone to come out a check it out. Question will that interfer with the warranty?

As I said above, contact the supplier about the situation. Maybe they will send their tech rep out with the dealer.

Originally posted by thomlora
    Question will that interfer with the warranty?
    What does your contract state? I would contact the supplier as suggested by BaldLoonie.

Originally posted by thomlora
    I got 7 estimates and his was the lowest but only by 500.00.

That makes it the lowest BID!

Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

lol go with the cheap guy... that pays 500.00 here on a change out would be most the profit after overhead. Hate to say it u got what was comming
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast