+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: explorer crashing

Post Likes
    Originally posted by midhvac
    yocona: Thanks for the links and advice. I was able to upgrade my Firefox Flash Player and it no longer crashes.

There was also a security issue with my old version according to them.

Great, I'm encouraged to know that may solve our problem. I am hoping it will solve my crash problems as well. At first, I was trying to figure it out on the Macintosh forum that I hang out on. I tried quite a few suggestions and several times thought it was solved, only to have it happen 24 hours later. But I have a feeling this Flash thing is going to be it. Fortunately, updating and such is a whole lot easier on a Mac. lol

Jultzya, I bet if we spent lots of time surfing the web, we would come across plenty of other sites with ads that crash us like this one. There is just no way that these kinds of incompatibilities will ever be completely eliminated. At least, not as long as Micro$oft is establishing the standards.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by jacob perkins
    I was reading along here about the flash download delimma this morning,and I came to a page that listed the requirements for updating.
    It listed several things...one I havent seen mentioned here is that "you must remove the old flash player before the new one will install"

Whoa. I didn't see that, and therefore I didn't do it when updating either computer. I guess I'm fortunate that they both installed fine regardless. Yet another possibility for Jultzya to try.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by yocona
    Whoa. I didn't see that, and therefore I didn't do it when updating either computer. I guess I'm fortunate that they both installed fine regardless. Yet another possibility for Jultzya to try.
    I aint done nothin...mostly because I'm just ignernt about these things,

I am too busy reading all that slick advertising to notice any problems.

Post Likes
    Anyone still using Internet Explorer deserves what they get

Post Likes
    I can understand why some people are p*ssed about the crashes. I was getting them constantly and it was really ticking me off. The problem was *definitely* with Flash for me. I use Firefox and had Flash version 7,10,19,0. I was able to totally eliminate the crashes temporarily by renaming the file: NPSWF32.DLL to NPSWF32.DL. But then when I'd go somewhere else there would just be a little square on the screen where the Flash presentation was supposed to be and it was telling me I had to d/l the plugin. What's really odd is that I never got that square and msg at HVAC-Talk after renaming the file.

Go figure.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by swampfox
    Amen. well I use both IE and FF. That is why I know IE is full of bugs and spammer doors.

Post Likes
    "you must remove the old flash player before the new one will install"

and oh yea,that was for windows xp. I didnt read the other ones, mac,ect...

Post Likes
    Originally posted by James 3528
    Originally posted by swampfox
    Amen. well I use both IE and FF. That is why I know IE is full of bugs and spammer doors.
    Don't think Firefox isn't. That's why they keep upgrading it. I think the hackers just haven't shown as much interest in exploiting it's weaknesses is because they hate Microsoft so much more.

The big problem I always had with IE was that the Microsoft update process itself doesn't always work because it is extremely buggy too. I have to say that I haven't had this problem with Firefox. The update always comes off without a hitch.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by midhvac Don't think Firefox isn't. That's why they keep upgrading it. I think the hackers just haven't shown as much interest in exploiting it's weaknesses is because they hate Microsoft so much more.

The big problem I always had with IE was that the Microsoft update process itself doesn't always work because it is extremely buggy too. I have to say that I haven't had this problem with Firefox. The update always comes off without a hitch.

Yeah, the updater is much better. Actually, it is FireFox's whole Download Manager that is really great. I appreciate the way it lets you pause/resume a download, and that it can recognize a partial download and pick up where it left off.

Generally speaking, FF just has a lot more features than IE. I'm addicted to Mouse Gestures myself. And as a rural person stuck on dial-up, I notice that it seems to load faster than IE. It is my browser of choice when I have to use the Windows machine.

Jultzya, you really should give Firefox a shot. Especially if you can't get the Flash download worked out using IE.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Originally posted by yocona
    Yet another possibility for Jultzya to try.
    Thanks for all the help.

I will try the suggestions later tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks again!

Post Likes
    The problem has to be with this site, if the problem was with Flash player or what version your running we would be having the same problem at other sites.
    There has to be a problem with the HTML code. Who is the Webmaster here? Thats who needs to fix it.

Post Likes

Post Likes

Re: Explorer crashing

Originally posted by James 3528
    Maybe it is the Firestone tires
    I bought my girlfriend a 98 Explorer for cash. The second tire that lost all the tread flipped it and totaled it. She only had liability insurance on it so I was out $38K. Ford and Firestone both swore they hadn't had any reports of problems. This was 6 months before the recall.

The worst part was I couldn't sue for the vehicle loss or her injuries without my wife finding out.

Post Likes

Smile

How about getting Kim Komando signed up here as a pro?

Post Likes
    buy a new computer

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Originally posted by oroy54
    How about getting Kim Komando signed up here as a pro?
    Hey Roy yaw get her down in Victoria? I listen to her every chance I get on the weekends in Houston, very Computer smart young lady.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

Post Likes

Hmm Yes mrbillpro

She makes the computer stuff sound easy. How are things up north?

Post Likes

Re: Yes mrbillpro

Originally posted by oroy54
    She makes the computer stuff sound easy. How are things up north?
    Still Hot and Humid probably not much different than
    Victoria man today was a killer with the humidity my shirt
    was soaked at 9:30 am this morning but hey it goes with the territory.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in