Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Johnson Controls SCT

I am looking for a little help with the JCI SCT software. I currently have SCT5.1. Can this be used to open, modify and download an NAE/ADX network that was created with a different version, say 4.1? Do the NAE's or ADX need to be upgraded to match? I have not worked with this tool yet and I don't want to corrupt or screw up the site database.

You can upload a database that has an older version. If you want to download and NAE/ADX the versions must match.

I believe that your ADS can be a newer version than your NAE's/NCE's, but not vice versa. You can upload your NAE into SCT 5.1, but if your ADS/ADX is 4.1 and you try to download your NAE with a database version of 5.1, I believe it will cease to communicate with your ADS. You should look around and see if you have a copy of SCT 4.1 on the ADS and make your changes there.

SCT

You need to have a current version of SCT that matches the Version of your NAE. I believe there is a program called SCT manager you can use to pick the SCT version you need to use, but that version must also be loaded on your laptop. ( im assuming your using a laptop). I just recently heard that JCI may be using some type of Virtual SCT that loads to your computer and works with different versions, but i have not seen it myself yet. Also....Make sure your using a laptop with XP Pro. I am using windows 7 and older versions of SCT will not load on my laptop. I have SCT 5.1 Version 5.2 is available too. I tried to load version SCT version 4.0, but it will not work on Windows 7. On another note, did you know CCT is at version 5.3 and is capable of a multiple upload and download, like hvac was able to do. There is a New version of SCT 5.2 and you will need the patch to use CCT in pass thru mode.

Thanks to all for the replies. I was going back and forth whether to use XP or Win7. All of the existing tools that I use on the FX and older Metasys products seem to run on either, with XP being the OS of choice for me. However, I do want to move forward. Have you tried running the older SCT in XP mode on Win7? I had tried to load SCT 5.1 onto a Win7 Pro 32 bit laptop, and it was quite a challenge. Hadn't been through something like that since the old OS2 days. Seems like it should be easier to setup.

SCT does not load in Windows 7 ( win xp virtual). At intial startup, box comes up and says it will not load on a remote virtual desktop.....so forget that idea..

SCT 5.2 Is verified on Windows 7.....SCT 5.1 is not verified but I have loaded 5.1 on 32 bit Win 7 machines but Win 7 must be Professional. CCT/HVACPRO/GX9100 will all install on 32 bit but not 64.
    UA Local 141

Ok, let me rephrase that.....SCT does not work on Win XP Virtual mode inside of Win 7 . With that said, SCT does work on win 7, version 5.1 and version 5.2....... I know because I have it installed on my Win 7 laptop. The statement i am making is that SCT 4.0 does not work with Win 7, and no it cannot be installed in the Win XP virtual that is a part of Win 7. Hope that better explains my last reply.

Thank you for clarifiying that
    UA Local 141

Unfortunately, the site we are on is still at 4.1, so we are limited to what we can setup there. I do not want to get into upgrading the whole site at this point until I know more about it. The former OEM techs haven't done it, probably because it is either too much trouble or they wanted more $$ from the client. So, I don't want to get involved doing it at this point. As long as I can maintain the site, it will be good enough for me.

Keep in mind that some Models Of NAE 55's do not have the memory to support SCT 5.1. So before you upgrade the 55's refer to the JCI documentation. As far as the ADS goes, the software to upgrade is pretty expensive. I assume thats why the customer never did it. This memory issue does not affect NAE 25, 35 ,45 as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kula17 View Post
    Keep in mind that some Models Of NAE 55's do not have the memory to support SCT 5.1. So before you upgrade the 55's refer to the JCI documentation. As far as the ADS goes, the software to upgrade is pretty expensive. I assume thats why the customer never did it. This memory issue does not affect NAE 25, 35 ,45 as far as I know.

If a NAE55 is at 4.1 then there is enough memory, the biggest memory issue showed up when updating to 4.1. A NAE55xx-1 does not enough memory to go past rev 4.0.8...
    UA Local 141

Quote Originally Posted by berg2666 View Post
    If a NAE55 is at 4.1 then there is enough memory, the biggest memory issue showed up when updating to 4.1. A NAE55xx-1 does not enough memory to go past rev 4.0.8...
    I believe this should read NAE55xx-0 does not have enough memory to go past rev 4.0.8

I believe the NAE-55xx-2 was first released with Rev 5.2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast